Turning off the main/load LED light (with load ON)

Posted on
Thu May 23, 2019 7:11 am
katiaf offline

Turning off the main/load LED light (with load ON)

I have a keypadlinc relay in the bedroom. During the day, I would like the buttons to be on sync with the status of the respective item/light they control. However, during the night I would like to turn off the button lights (backlight is ok) regardless of the status. I have a "Master All Off" action group that turns off lights and keypadlinc buttons - the latter ones using scenes. My problem is that the Main/Load button light cannot be turned off without turning off the load. The load is my ceiling fan (not controlled by lamplinc, because it is a DC fan) and I would like to keep it running during the night and turn off the button light for complete darkness.

I have not been able to find a solution. Is this possible? Maybe through raw commands? I tried looking into using raw commands but it was very complicated.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on
Fri May 31, 2019 10:52 am
katiaf offline

Re: Turning off the main/load LED light (with load ON)

Well, it seems it is impossible to individually turn off the LED of the main load without turning off the load.

However, I did find a workaround: I just created a schedule to set the LED brightness to zero through a raw command before sleep time and another one to turn it back to 50% in the morning. That way I can get my status LEDs during the day, but they are off during the night.

Posted on
Fri May 31, 2019 1:20 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry, I thought I had already replied to your post. You are correct: there isn't a way to turn off the LED without controlling the load. You found the workaround that I personally use on several KeypadLincs in my house. There is an action to set the LED brightness which uses the raw commands (so you don't have to figure them out) - added link here for completeness.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri May 31, 2019 4:02 pm
katiaf offline

Thanks, Jay. Good to know that you use the same method. For a minute I was afraid it may not be a good idea to change the brightness of the keypad so often, but then I just convinced myself it is just one more command/control like the others.

Posted on
Fri May 31, 2019 7:28 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

No, it's fine. The only possible issue you may hit is that setting that param is somewhat network intensive, so you may see "no ack" failures due to collisions. Just try to time those kind of changes when there's nothing else scheduled to be happening and it'll normally work without issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1