I/O-Linc Binary Output "flipped" after PowerLinc upgrade

Posted on
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:21 pm
sparker offline

I/O-Linc Binary Output "flipped" after PowerLinc upgrade

I had a PowerLinc 2412U fail on my, and just bought a new 2413U to replace it.

For some reason my Garage Door Sensor (connected to an I/O-Link Controller) now thinks that the door is open when it's closed.

If I watch it in Indigo as I open/close the door, the state of, the "Binary input" shows as closed when the door is open, and open when the door is closed. Any thoughts as to why this happened or how to invert it again?

It's not a huge issue, as I can just invert the condition in the scheduled task that alerts me if the door is open at night, but I'm baffled how the upgrade could have inverted the state.

FWIW, it also shows up as "inverted" in the INSTEON app on my phone (the sensor is showing "Open" when the door is closed).

Thanks!

Steve

--
Steve Parker
X10 user from the early 80's
Fully converted to Insteon in 2013 (looking to migrate away now)
Proud Indigo owner since the beginning... :)

Posted on
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:24 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: I/O-Linc Binary Output "flipped" after PowerLinc upgrad

The I/O-Linc has an option/setting to invert the input. I forgo the name of it, but it is in the device settings dialog for the I/O-Linc. After making the change you need to press the button to have the setting uploaded/set on the module, then should work correctly.

All that said, I'm not sure why a PowerLinc replacement changed the setting since it is an I/O-Linc setting.

Posted on
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:17 pm
sparker offline

Re: I/O-Linc Binary Output "flipped" after PowerLinc upgrad

matt (support) wrote:
The I/O-Linc has an option/setting to invert the input. I forgo the name of it, but it is in the device settings dialog for the I/O-Linc. After making the change you need to press the button to have the setting uploaded/set on the module, then should work correctly.

All that said, I'm not sure why a PowerLinc replacement changed the setting since it is an I/O-Linc setting.

Thanks Matt! Again, the exact answer I needed. I'm wondering now if, after replacing the PowerLinc and resyncing everything, it reverted a change I made when I set everything up. Regardless, it's doing what I expect now (showing closed when the door is closed). I really appreciate knowing you and Jay are always around when I have do to things like replaced this PowerLinc.

Steve

--
Steve Parker
X10 user from the early 80's
Fully converted to Insteon in 2013 (looking to migrate away now)
Proud Indigo owner since the beginning... :)

Page 1 of 1