EZIO8SA, EZIO2X4, EZIO8T support in Indigo

Posted on
Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:46 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: EZIO8SA, EZIO2X4, EZIO8T support in Indigo

Their website says it is functionally equivalent to the EZIO4O, which Indigo does support. So it should work. If they changed the internal INSTEON type/model ID, then we'll need to add the new ID but that is relatively straightforward for us to do.

Indigo also supports the MIMOLite, which is a Z-Wave based controller:

http://www.fortrezz.com/io-modules

We don't yet support the MIMO2+ (same page) but are looking into it.

Posted on
Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:18 pm
threepointcreek offline

how do I turn off the inputs for the Smartenit EZIO2x4?

I had found a raw instead command that would disable updates from the inputs and now I can't find it. I don't need the inputs. I'm only using the output relays. The inputs keep sending phantom signals for on/off.

Posted on
Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:24 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Do you have them wired to the ground pin? I would think that would prevent the false floating signals.

Posted on
Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:00 pm
CraigM offline

I think my EZio40 just died. Indigo sees it, sync's, but it no longer controls my Somfy shades. The Somfy controller seems to work fine if I touch the bare wires together. I think the EZio40 contacts are stuck or not re-opening.

Smartinet doesn't make the EZio40 anymore, replaced by the ioT4R.

Q: Is the ioT4R in the Indigo database?
- The ioT4R will have additional WiFi capability when released to Smarthome, but Smartinet is selling it now without WiFi functionality @ $104.99
- The only other option is the ioLinc @ $45.99, but it isn't even dual-Band. The ioT4R is Dual-Band

Any thoughts?

Posted on
Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If it uses the same Insteon type identifiers (cat and sub-cat) as the EZio40 then it might just work (I didn't find that information on their website). If it doesn't then it will take some effort to get it working so that means it'll have to be scheduled into some future release.

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the EZio40?

If you only have 1 device to control, then if I were you I'd go with the cheaper IO/Linc, but that's just me.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:45 pm
CraigM offline

jay (support) wrote:
If it uses the same Insteon type identifiers (cat and sub-cat) as the EZio40 then it might just work (I didn't find that information on their website). If it doesn't then it will take some effort to get it working so that means it'll have to be scheduled into some future release.

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the EZio40?

If you only have 1 device to control, then if I were you I'd go with the cheaper IO/Linc, but that's just me.

- A factory reset doesn't help
- Would the ioT4R be part of the next minor update? I would prefer to purchase this, but pointless if it won't work with Indigo.
- The ioLinc kit diagram shows extra wires, and only uses 3 of 4 main wires. Smarthome provides NO wiring instructions for the standalone Somfy to the ioLinc, so I don't have high confidence that it will work.

Is anyone using a 4 wire Somfy dry contact interface http://www.smarthome.com/somfy-1810493-dry-contact-interface.html wired to an ioLinc?

Posted on
Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I just emailed Smartenit to verify if Indigo can treat the IOT4R as an EZIO40. It might work as-is, might need us to add just a new device ID (that could be in the next bug fix release of Indigo), or it might have more substantial changes that require additional development work. I'll let you know what they say.

Posted on
Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:31 pm
CraigM offline

Thanks Matt

Posted on
Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:09 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The word back from Smartenit is that it will identify as an EZIO40, so it should work out-of-the-box with the current version of Indigo.

Posted on
Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:53 pm
automaton offline

How would I query the state of an EZ-IO controller's binary output #2 using a python script? I can't seem to find the dictionary for this.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted on
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You can access it from the device's state dict like this:

Code: Select all
dev = indigo.devices[87971276] # use the device ID for your EZIO
binaryOutput2 = dev.states["binaryOutput2"]

Note that gets Indigo's current state for that value. You might need to send a status request to refresh it with the device's actual state, but generally for an output value like that it should be mirrored pretty well without forcing a status request.

Posted on
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:34 pm
Mark offline

Can Python turn on/off just one EZIO8T output? I can't use the "set binary outputs of device "My EZIO Device" to {true, true, false, false}" equivalent, because I'm using output 8 for my garage door, and 1-6 for irrigation. I don't want code to mess with 1-6 just to turn on/off 8...

I can do this with a built-in Indigo Action Group, but I need to test for a variable first, before I change the one output, and I'd like to do everything in one script...

Posted on
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Try something like:

indigo.iodevice.setBinaryOutput(DEV_ID_HERE, 7, False or True)

Note you'll want to use 7 instead of 8 since it is zero-based.

Posted on
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:47 pm
Mark offline

Thanks Matt! That worked.

Here's what I have so far. I want to first check the state of my virtual "garage door button lock", then if it's unlocked, "push" the garage door button, wait a tiny bit, then "release" the garage door button. Since messages to/from my EZIO8T are not 100% reliable, I need to force a status update, then check the state of the #8 output. I don't want to trust Indigo's state for #8, I need to make sure it's really off. I'm doing that in a loop, checking and turning off #8, until the EZIO8T reports its output 8 is really off. (garage door button "released").

Code: Select all
import time

ezio8t = indigo.devices[devID] # "EZi08T"
tLock = indigo.variables[varID].value # "lock"
if tLock == "false":
   indigo.iodevice.setBinaryOutput(devID, 7, True) # "EZi08T" output 8 ON
   time.sleep(0.5)
   while True:
      indigo.iodevice.setBinaryOutput(devID, 7, False) # "EZi08T" output 8 OFF
      indigo.actionGroup.execute(actionID) # "EZIO8T Outputs Status"
      time.sleep(1)
      binaryOutput8 = ezio8t.states["binaryOutput8"]
      if not binaryOutput8:
         break

I'm looking for the cleanest, most reliable way to code this.

And is there Python for forcing the EZIO8T status? So I can eliminate that Action Group?

Thanks!!

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:24 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Mark wrote:
And is there Python for forcing the EZIO8T status? So I can eliminate that Action Group?

Yes...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn