EZIO8SA, EZIO2X4, EZIO8T support in Indigo

Posted on
Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:49 pm
ricks offline

Re: Parse data from EXIOxx

Download the latest build and try something like this:
Code: Select all
set sensorVal to item 1 of (get sensor inputs of device "EZIO8T")

Note the above pulls the value out of Indigo's representation of the Device. You'll want to periodically send a status request (can be done via a Time/Date Action) to the EZIO8T so that Indigo's input values are updated.

Can we go in reverse? Use applescript to turn on/off the relays?

Edit:
Matt, I think that Indigo is also not honoring the "enable output timers" option. I have it unchecked, but the EZIO8T will shut the channel down at the specified elapsed time.

Thanks!
Rick

Posted on
Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:35 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

ricks wrote:
Can we go in reverse? Use applescript to turn on/off the relays?

Yes, you can control the outputs like this:

set binary outputs of device "My EZIO Device" to {true, true, false, false}

ricks wrote:
Matt, I think that Indigo is also not honoring the "enable output timers" option. I have it unchecked, but the EZIO8T will shut the channel down at the specified elapsed time.

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure Indigo is setting this correctly. Have you tried turning it ON and then turning it OFF? Seems to work on my EZIO8SA.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:59 pm
ricks offline

support wrote:
Hmmm. I'm pretty sure Indigo is setting this correctly. Have you tried turning it ON and then turning it OFF? Seems to work on my EZIO8SA.

I tested it last night. It was turned off, and my water fountain on channel 1 turned off twice after being on for 30 minutes. I went in, activated the option, changed it to 5 minutes, "set all", then turned it off, "set all", turned on channel 1, and then waited. Sure enough, it turned off after five minutes.

Now I just have it set for 120 minutes. :D

Posted on
Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:36 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

ricks wrote:
I tested it last night. It was turned off, and my water fountain on channel 1 turned off twice after being on for 30 minutes. I went in, activated the option, changed it to 5 minutes, "set all", then turned it off, "set all", turned on channel 1, and then waited. Sure enough, it turned off after five minutes.

Interesting. I just double-checked those steps with my EZIO8SA and it worked as expected and stayed on since I had turned off the Enable output timers checkbox.

But I have seen cases where the settings Indigo sends to the EZIO8SA don't "take." No error is reported and the INSTEON commands to change the settings are sent successfully, but the changes don't actually occur. You can tell if this is the case by, after you press Set All to make your changes, you then Re-sync the device. The Re-sync will update the UI to show whatever settings are currently set in the EZIO. So if after a Re-Sync you notice the settings have reverted back to their state before you pressed Set All, then you know they didn't stick. Not sure what is going on there (must be a firmware buglet), but I've only seen it a couple of times on my end with the EZIO8SA.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:36 pm
Cosmuk offline

(No subject)

The EZSnsRF works like a charm so far

(1 WMT-3000 motion sensor)

Posted on
Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:39 pm
Cosmuk offline

(No subject)

I have the EZIO8SA and 8T 2x4

Whenever you use an input or output you have a device or a certain
terminal you are either talking to or getting info from.

I would like to request an editable discription area for the particular
I/O's that you could fill in with the reference information.
say perhaps in the devices menu screen
even if you had to call it up to see it.
It would really help with referencing your hookups

I understand the over all discription field, that becomes a jumble when
you have as many as 18 different discriptions in one line.

Posted on
Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:11 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Cosmuk wrote:
I would like to request an editable discription area for the particular I/O's that you could fill in with the reference information.

This is a good idea. I almost did this originally, but didn't have time to get it working correctly. Indigo does this for the sprinkler devices currently -- you can give each zone a custom name. I'll add it to the feature ToDo list for inputs and outputs as well. :-)

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:36 pm
mgolden50 offline

(No subject)

Hi Matt,

I have a new EZIOxx device. Can I use an applescript to send and receive commands/status data to/from it like I can with other Insteon devices? If so are there any sample scripts that illustrate how to go about this?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted on
Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:41 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi Mike,

You can use the AppleScript verb status request to have Indigo send the status request message to any device:

status request "MyEZIO dev name"

To change one of the binary outputs you can do this:

set binary outputs of device "My EZIO Device" to {true, true, false, false}

And to read the inputs you can access the binary inputs, analog inputs, sensor inputs (1-wire) properties like this:

set secondBinaryInput to item 2 of (get binary inputs of device "EZIO8T")
set sensorVal to item 1 of (get sensor inputs of device "EZIO8T")

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:07 am
bobeast offline

(No subject)

[quote="support"]
status request "MyEZIO dev name"

Just one minor point. The response to the status request is asynchronous. That is to say, you need to wait until the device has actually responded to the request before expecting the data to be valid. This can take several seconds.

Any chance, Matt, of getting you to add a synchronous status request?

Bob E.

Posted on
Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:28 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi Bob,
bobeast wrote:

I'll definitely add it to the ToDo list. The AppleScript requests are processed in the main thread, but the X10/Insteon communication happens in another thread, so it is a bit complicated.

What if there was a command to "wait for empty queue" that would pause your AppleScript until the X10/Insteon queue was empty (and all requests have responses or there is a timeout)? Seems like that could be useful in general.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:03 pm
gregss offline

(No subject)

support wrote:
What if there was a command to "wait for empty queue" that would pause your AppleScript until the X10/Insteon queue was empty (and all requests have responses or there is a timeout)? Seems like that could be useful in general.

Matt, this is a great idea.

Posted on
Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:26 pm
gregjsmith offline

(No subject)

I was going to ask for a feature similar to this. My PowerLinc crashes ever now and then and stops sending/receiving power line signals. Indigo continues to respond to motion detectors and execute time/date actions.

Would also be nice if indigo could say "hey user, stuff isn't being moved in the queue. check it out"

I may have asked for this before, but couldn't the queue view be a list like the devices and actions?

support wrote:
Hi Bob,
bobeast wrote:

I'll definitely add it to the ToDo list. The AppleScript requests are processed in the main thread, but the X10/Insteon communication happens in another thread, so it is a bit complicated.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:33 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

gregjsmith wrote:
I may have asked for this before, but couldn't the queue view be a list like the devices and actions?

Yes. I hope to add a status-panel-on-steroids. It will contain all sorts of information about your interface connection (including queue details), what the server is doing (running an AppleScript, scanning emails, etc.), your GoPrism.com connection state, server uptime, interface errors for the last 24 hours, etc.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:11 pm
bobeast offline

(No subject)

support wrote:
Hi Bob,

Yup that sounds like it would work, as long as there were some way of determining the difference between the queue emptying or the timer having fired. I'd want to be able to branch on the difference. Maybe return a status enum indicating queue empty or timeout waiting for queue to empty.