3 way switch status in Indigo

Posted on
Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:32 pm
kelmk offline

3 way switch status in Indigo

I installed two switchlincs to my existing switches for a hallway 3 way setup. One of the switches controls the power to the lights and the second one is not attached to the load. I linked the two switches using the Insteon app by creating a scene. I originally tried linking them using the set switches but could never get it to do the right thing. Then I made sure to resync links in Indigo. This seems to do the correct thing when I manually flick the switches, they work as toggles as they did before. The problem is in Indigo I have two Insteon devices and their states don't really represent the state of the lights. This is an issue when I'm using homebridge because it may show the light as being on when it's actually not.
How do I solve this issue and just have one device that correctly displays the power status for the lights?
Thanks

Posted on
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:57 pm
jalves offline

Re: 3 way switch status in Indigo

Easy solution in HomeBridge is simply not to publish the dummy switch. Show only the switch that actually controls the load.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:04 pm
kelmk offline

That's what I did but it's not showing the correct status. It says it's on when it's not. There must be something wrong with the way my links are set up.

Posted on
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:03 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:00 am
kelmk offline

I'm pretty sure the switch is faulty. It always errors out trying to sync the device Links. I can add it to the other switch but I can't add the other switch to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Try a factory reset.

It's a bit tricky, because once you've pulled out the LED pipe and let it sit for a while, you have to not only push it back in, but you have to push it all the way past the normal position so that's is completely depressed in one motion (then hold it for 15 seconds or so before releasing). I use a flat-blade screwdriver to get it from the all the way out to the all the way in position in one motion. It may take a couple of tries to get it right.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1