Instead long lag/delay

Posted on
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:00 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Instead long lag/delay

george99 wrote:
Great thanks.
However, with all my messing around here, I deleted one that said masked.
What harm is done, and how should I proceed to get fixed?

Which is exactly why we generally don't encourage users to mess directly with links... ;)

Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything because I don't know what the link was for or to/from, etc. At best you can rerun the Define and Sync for the device and hope that Indigo knows to fix any issue there may be with it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:05 am
george99 offline

Gotcha. No worries.
At least I got my system working nicely now.

Posted on
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:58 pm
johnpolasek offline

jay (support) wrote:
All of the symptoms that you're describing (flashing red LEDs, Survey getting errors, etc.) all seem to indicate that you've got signal issues. And if the direct links between devices are working, then it seems to indicate that the biggest issue is on the circuit where the PowerLinc is. Take a long outdoor extension cord and run it from the PowerLinc to another room entirely and see if that makes any difference. I'm going to guess that things might just get better when you do that. And that would further support the theory that the problem is on the PowerLinc's current circuit.

Haven't gone through the whole thread to be sure it wasn't addressed, but we thought that kind of problem (survey giving nonsense results, modules electrically more than 50 or 60 ft from the controller with NoAck, etc), was due to a noisy electronic controller on my mom's well pump and kept adding more and more filtering on the pump house circuit while getting marginal improvement with each addtional filter... and then the 4 year old powermodem died completely (no LED, no comm with indigo) and as soon as we replaced it and resynced, ALL the issues went away and we could see and control every module all the way to the end of the drive 200 yards away.