New FanLinc 2475F and can't get control

Posted on
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:35 pm
richardall offline

New FanLinc 2475F and can't get control

Originally, for my ceiling fan and light combo in the master bedroom, I had one 2477D controlling the light and a Lightolier CCWHISPLCW controlling the fan. With the V6 Indigo, my mac upgrading to 10.13.4 and an aging 2413U, the X-10 modules are not talking on my system.

To fix this, I'm doing a few things: 1) Installing V7, 2) removing the legacy X-10 modules and replacing with Insteon, and updating other components. I have not done #1 yet. I purchased the V7 but not yet installed. FOr #2, removing the X-10, this combines with #3 by me getting the new 2475F FanLinc module. This is the support I'm looking for in this post.

I installed a new FanLinc 2475F FanLinc module today. Changing our the wiring for me to have power and neutral for the FanLinc and both Insteon switches was interesting but I feel confident in having the wiring done correctly. Indigo immediately connected to the new 2475F FanLinc and I can control the fan and light through the FanLinc with Indigo V6 on my mac and with Touch on the iPhone. The LIght is dimmable and the fan works with the low, med., and high settings. The FanLinc module appears to be functioning perfectly.

My desire is to have 2 different 2477D dimmer switches control the light and fan with the light dimmable and the fan able to do low, med., high, and off. When I installed both of the 2477D units, the red wires are terminated, not connected to anything. The plan is to use these switches only as the controllers for the FanLinc. I have not been able to get these to link correctly?

I searched the forums and either other had no problems or I'm the first to try this configuration. I tried to write a trigger to share the signals. I set the switch to send a match brightness command whenever the controlling switch sends any command. That didn't work at all. I also tried the Manage link where the FanLinc module is set as the responding device for the controlling switch. Nope, didn't do anything. I tried the manage link in the opposite direction, Nope, that one didn't do it either.

I would appreciate some help? I found the help posting for the keypadlinc and I ordered one to fidget. It won't be here till the weekend.

Please let me know if anybody else used a dimmable switch for controlling a FanLinc module and how you set up the devices, triggers or action groups.

Thank you in advance for any support.

Posted on
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:03 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: New FanLinc 2475F and can't get control

Linking the SwitchLinc to the fan light should be straight forward using Insteon links - you would basically do the same thing as what you'd do for linking a KeypadLinc to the light portion of the FanLinc. In the Manage Insteon Device Links dialog for the SwitchLinc, click New Link to Responder, select your FanLinc from the responder popup, then select controls light from the next popup. That will create the link such that pressing up/down on the SwitchLinc will brighten/dim the light on the fan.

For the second SwitchLinc, I think you have to more clearly define what you want the behavior to be. You won't be able to use Insteon links since the fan portion of the FanLinc doesn't understand on/off/dim/brighten commands that the SwitchLinc will try to send to it. So you'll have to figure out how to create the appropriate Indigo triggers, and likely will need some scripts to help glue them. So that's where a description of the exact behavior is required.

Honestly, the FanLinc / KeypadLinc combination is really a much better solution (I have 4 in my house) IMO because it's clear (with the FanLinc button kit for the 6 button KeypadLinc) when operating at the switch exactly what's happening.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1