SwitchLinc "Set LED Brightness" InterfaceError etc.

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:57 pm
Flenser offline

SwitchLinc "Set LED Brightness" InterfaceError etc.

I bought some new SwitchLincs to replace some old ToggleLincs — the dual-band capabilities have ended some spotty communications with a few switches.

With the ToggleLincs, a small piece of electrical tape was sufficient to block the LED. The SwitchLincs have LEDs all along the side of the switch.

I was pleased to find out that there's a way to set the LED brightness, which I'd like to do to the switches I'll install in the bedroom. However, I get a set of errors trying to use the command.

When either going through Interfaces > Insteon > Set LED Brightness, or trying to set up an action in a trigger, I get the following:
Code: Select all
   Error (client)                  getConfigUiValuesFromPlugin1() caught exception: InterfaceError -- interface INSTEON Commands is not enabled
   Error (client)                  getXmlFromPlugin() caught exception: InterfaceError -- interface INSTEON Commands is not enabled
   Error (client)                  runDialogForMenuAction() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

I don't see an actual "INSTEON Commands" plugin in the list of plugins, and I couldn't find one in the plugin "store". What am I missing?

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:12 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: SwitchLinc "Set LED Brightness" InterfaceError etc.

I think the Indigo Server has gotten into a bad state on your Mac. Shut it down (via the Indigo 7 menu) then restart it and see if you get the same error.

Posted on
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:50 pm
Flenser offline

Re: SwitchLinc "Set LED Brightness" InterfaceError etc.

That did the trick, thanks!

When I shut down the server, this was logged. I don't know if it has anything to do with what was going on.
Code: Select all
2018-02-25 20:43:56.362   Error   plugin "Action Collection 2.0.4" (pid 856) failed to quit after polite request -- forcing it to quit now

Page 1 of 1