RemoteLinc 2440 won't 'wake up' for Indigo Linking

Posted on
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:33 am
amannone offline

RemoteLinc 2440 won't 'wake up' for Indigo Linking

Hey forum,
I have two older RemoteLinc 2440's (black) and recently I can't seem to get Indigo to recognize they're awake for linking responders or doing a re-sync. The process will just hang at the pop-up saying "Remote Device {device name} is not responding and may be asleep. Press and hold its set button to wake it up." In the past, I've normally just pulled a battery out and then back in which was sufficient to "wake up" the device since it does not have a set-button proper.
Now however, nothing seems to get it to a point where Indigo recognizes it's awake. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Andrew

Posted on
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:27 pm
amannone offline

Re: RemoteLinc 2440 won't 'wake up' for Indigo Linking

I should also add that I'm running Indigo 7.1.0
Thanks
-Andrew

Posted on
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:02 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Signal noise might be a problem then. Make sure the RL is close to a dual-band device when you try to sync it.

As I recall, those things were always somewhat finicky.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:15 pm
amannone offline

Hi Jay.
Thanks for responding. I have the RemoteLinc right next to a dual band LampLinc and it has not helped which leads me to suspect it's probably not a signal noise issue?
I kept trying, pulling a battery, hitting buttons to "wake" it.... finally I got them to sync. I don't know what particular actions were the ones that made it successful. Perhaps thru sheer will alone. LOL. But they're synced now.

Posted on
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:47 pm
Unklmarty offline

Same problem here. I have 3 Remotelincs that will not define and sync. I am sitting right next to my Powerlinc 2414U and still it won't work. When I try to sync I hold down any button until the Remotelinc beeps and the led on the Remotelinc starts to blink, then my computer I click define and sync, then start. A box pops up with the message "Remote device "Black Remotelinc #1 is not responding. If this device is battery powered, then press and hold the set button to wake it up" Same thing for my other two Remorelincs. Because of this I can't define and sync nor can I add any responders. These devices were working fine a couple of years ago but were taken out of service when I replaced them with the mini remotes. I now want to add them back into my system but I can't. Yes all batteries are new and at full power. There is also a dual band Lamplinc (2457D2) and an Insteon range extender (2992-223) in the same room that I am trying to sync these devices.. When I press any buttons on any of the Remotelincs the action does show up in the event log e.g. Remotelinc #1 on (button 1). or Remotelinc #1 off (button 3) etc.
Any suggestions?

Posted on
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:49 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

After you press Define and Sync, did you try pressing the button on the RemoteLinc multiple times to keep it awake? Also try press-holding to put it back into linking mode (after you press Define and Sync). Unfortunately, those modules can put themselves back to sleep very easily which makes it impossible for Indigo to communicate with them. Even if you tried pressing the buttons, keep trying. Eventually I think it will work.

Page 1 of 1