Remove links from Insteon Devices to the Insteon Hub

Posted on
Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:13 pm
rbdubz3 offline

Remove links from Insteon Devices to the Insteon Hub

My Insteon hub may have bit the dust. I have everything already setup and running smoothly on Indigo. However, I neglected to fully decommission my Insteon Hub. So at present most of my devices are still trying to communicate to the Hub. It is evident on my Dimmers as I see a small red light flash a couple seconds after using the switch.. I believe that is an error 'red flash' when the switch cant talk to the Insteon Hub.

Any technique for removing these links to the Insteon Hub? Maybe via the Indigo UI?

thanks in advance!

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Remove links from Insteon Devices to the Insteon Hub

I'm far from positive, but you may have to do a hard re-set on the indigo devices.. Pull out the tab, then push it back in and hold it in 'til the loooooong tone stops. After that, I think all you need to do is to Start Sync Device Links in the Insteon interface menu.. But before you do this, please get some one else to verify this is correct.

If you can't wait, before you try this on all your devices, find one with the fewest links and use it as a test to see if this will work....

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:58 am
rbdubz3 offline

Gotcha - yeah I was hoping there was an easier way than going to each individual switch/keypad. I've actually put in a pretty large number of them in my house.. Mostly dimmers and keypads but also some motion/door sensors

Most of these Insteon devices don't have much 'linking' going on.. I do have a few Keypads where I'd cross-linked to a Dimmer. For example, the Keypad by the door has a button for 'Kitchen' to turn on the Kitchen dimmer. Likewise, the Kitchen Dimmer was linked back to the keypad in order to maintain state and turn the keypad button light on.. I'll have to play with this interaction within Indigo, or re-create it again by cross linking.

From what I can tell, I should be able to re-create these links (minus Insteon Hub) using Indigo using the 'Manage Links' dialog for the devices.. Can anyone confirm?

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes, using the manage links dialog you can cross-link the devices. And, unfortunately, the best and most reliable way to dump old links is to do the factory reset on each device.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1