[ANSWERED]Can I remove old/dead links with Indigo?

Posted on
Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:17 am
416to305 offline

[ANSWERED]Can I remove old/dead links with Indigo?

Hi everyone,

I just switched to Indigo from the ISY and bought a new PLM. For most devices I factory reset them before adding them but for probably 10 or so I completely forgot to so in the device links in Indigo it shows lots of "unknown device" with its Insteon address, group etc, but status is not editable and I can't remove it. If I add one of the Insteon devices to Indigo which corresponds to an unknown device, then it shows up and I can remove it. Aside from resetting and readding them which I don't really want to do, is there any other way to remove the links? I don't think it hurts anything as long as the link isn't for an existing device but wanted to check, thanks!

Posted on
Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:48 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Can I remove old/dead links with Indigo?

When you open the linking dialog, if you hold down the option key, you'll have the ability to delete them. Just be careful not to delete anything that's supposed to be there or you may get some odd results.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:33 pm
416to305 offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Can I remove old/dead links with Indigo?

Great thanks! I'll leave them all as is just in case for now, but just good to know in case I ever in future find some random light coming on when I hit a seldom used KPL button. :)

Posted on
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:08 pm
SearchCz offline

I have this problem BIG TIME ! As an early adopter, I've accumulated a fair number of Insteon devices and had to retire quite a few as a result of total hardware failure. ( I've also acquired a handful of aftermarket insteon devices that were removed from other installations but never properly unlinked )

As a result, I have a bunch of old links to non-existent controllers and responders causing a lot of useless communication attempts to Insteon devices that do not exist in my home. I'm having a hard time clearing these old garbage links out, as Indigo 7 often shows those links as "not editable" or "not erasable".

How can I get rid of these links? Would be great if there was a way to add a "spoof" device to my Indigo configuration with the address in question, possibly as a way to get these old links wiped out?

Posted on
Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:36 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

See Jay's post up above. It describes the technique to delete those.

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:23 am
etiennetalbot offline

I'm on Indigo 7.4 and pressing ALT (option) doesn't allow me to delete these dead links. I have an unknown device with a status "not editable" and it seems there's nothing I can do about it. Any help?

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:52 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you hold down the option key while opening the dialog? You have to be holding it down when you open the dialog (doing so after it's open does nothing).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:44 pm
etiennetalbot offline

omg that was it... Thanks a lot!!!

Posted on
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:13 pm
SearchCz offline

Re: Can I remove old/dead links with Indigo?

jay (support) wrote:
When you open the linking dialog, if you hold down the option key, you'll have the ability to delete them. Just be careful not to delete anything that's supposed to be there or you may get some odd results.

Urged treasure in the Indigo app ! Never knew about this *trick*.

Page 1 of 1