New users -- Don't make same mistake I did!

Posted on
Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:26 am
jmesberg offline

New users -- Don't make same mistake I did!

to all you new users out there...I first started installing my first Insteon devices about 3 weeks ago (I'm up to about 10 switches now, with about 30 left to go), along with Indigo. Until last night I had everything routing through Indigo, including dozens of trigger actions that did nothing but cross-link 3 way switches. Don't do that!. I just deleted all of these unnecessary Indigo actions and replaced them with the direct linking that you can do from one Insteon device to another. Everything is now working much, much faster and more reliably. I still will use Insteon for all time based events, as well as for some of the more complicated scenes so please don't take this as a criticism of the application....just don't make the same mistake I did and route all simple links through Indigo.

Posted on
Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:28 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: New users -- Don't make same mistake I did!

Great tip. You are correct -- in situations where you just want to create virtual 3-way circuits you should directly link the devices amongst themselves. If you need conditional logic or other complex actions, then create an Indigo Trigger Action.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1