Kernel Panic w/Indigo 1.80 & 10.4.3

Posted on
Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:08 pm
bschollnick2 offline

Kernel Panic w/Indigo 1.80 & 10.4.3

Folks,

Here's the situation... Twice I have received kernel panics in 10.4.3 with Indigo 1.80.

I "upgraded" to an Insteon starter kit, and unplugged the 1142USB controller from the wall but left it plugged in to the USB port.

Indigo correctly identified the new Insteon controller and upgraded the firmware...

The first kernel panic occurred when I added an Insteon device, but left the add devices panel open waiting for input for several minutes.

The second time I believe that Indigo was open, but sitting idle.

The only clue I have is that in the background of the Panic, Indigo had indicated that the CU1132USB had reported no AC detected.

I believe that having both an 1132CU & Insteon controller connected may be a "bad idea" (TM)? Or at least make sure both are plugged into the wall!

Since removing the 1132CU from the USB cable the system has been perfectly stable.

Anyone interested in some X-10 units relatively cheap?

- Ben

Posted on
Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Kernel Panic w/Indigo 1.80 & 10.4.3

Hi Ben,

bschollnick2 wrote:
I believe that having both an 1132CU & Insteon controller connected may be a "bad idea" (TM)?

I think you have stumbled on a bug here. Yes, I would only have one PowerLinc plugged into your Mac at a time. I thought that Indigo would somewhat gracefully find and use the first one, but apparently there is some confusion going on there. I'll take a look at it. In the mean time, just have one plugged in at a time. :-)

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:36 pm
bschollnick2 offline

More Trouble...

Well, after about 30 minutes or so, with Indigo 1.80 (& 10.4.4) the system solidly locked up... Without a panic message...

So something's going on.... I'm going to email Perceptive directly...

But has anyone else seen anything like this...

(Dual 2.0 Ghz G5, Rev A)

- Ben

Posted on
Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:39 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: More Trouble...

The next time it locks up, try unplugging the PowerLinc USB cable from the computer. Does that un-freeze it?

Matt

Page 1 of 1