Insteon LampLinc V2 & resume dim support ?

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:10 pm
HighwayStar offline

Insteon LampLinc V2 & resume dim support ?

Can anyone confirm whether these modules support "resume dim" in Insteon mode ? Even when the on level is set and working via a ControLinc, an "on" command issued via Indigo results in 100% brightness. Thanks,

Ken

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:38 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Insteon LampLinc V2 & resume dim support ?

Hi Ken,

With INSTEON, every controller button linked to a module has its own independent brightness level. So if you set the button 1 on your ControLinc to turn a SwitchLinc on to 50%, you can use a KeypadLinc to turn the same SwitchLinc on at 85% -- they are independent of one another. Indigo always turns devices on to 100%. If you would like Indigo to turn a device on to a different level, then use the Set Brightness command.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:47 pm
HighwayStar offline

(No subject)

Hi Matt,

Here's the scenario, I have a motion detector (MS14A) controlling the LampLinc in the living room. I do the X10 -> Insteon translation in Indigo and send a "set brightness to 35%" command (a "device on" goes to 100% even after setting the initial "on level" with a ControLinc). The 35% light level is good for conversation & audio/video. I use an IR remote to set brightness to 100% for reading. Works well. Until you move your leg :-) The MS14A then turns the level back to 35%. And as I said, having the MS14A trigger action send a device on, the lamp would always come on to 100%.

All worked well using an X10 version LampLinc. A "device on" from the MS14A would not change the brightness level that was last used. It seems to me the Insteon LampLinc does not emulate the X10 "resume dim" mentioned in the X10 section of the Insteon LampLinc user manual.

Any ideas ? (Aside from trashing the MS14A which I'll probably have to do...)

Thanks,

Ken

Posted on
Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:18 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi Ken,

Create a Trigger Action that executes when you use the IR to set the brightness to 100%. The action for this Trigger Action will be to "Disable Trigger Action" for the other trigger action -- the one that translates the MS14A->Lamp to 35%. Now the MS14A Trigger Action will be ignored. You can either turn on the auto re-enable checkbox after N minutes option to get it reactivated, or you could use another button on your IR to manually re-enable it.

Definitely a bit more complicated, but as you deduced the resume dim type functionality doesn't work with INSTEON.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:07 pm
HighwayStar offline

(No subject)

You're a genius Matt, thank you. Very much appreciated. Kind regards,

Ken

Page 1 of 1