Strang things a foot

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:59 am
BruceP offline

Strang things a foot

Arrived home after the night shift and found many lights and appliances running when they should not have been. This does not give me a good feeling when I am away for an extended period of time.

1. Found exterior lights on but could not find an on command listing in the history. There is a constant 2am off that I did find. But no on command following this action.

2. An appliance motor was runnning when the Time/Date commands were disabled for this past weekend, and are currently disabled. Again I found no command turning this motor on.

3. The following were in the history that I have never seen prior. They are listed quite often. They are:
2006-01-16 00:19:40 PowerLinc TimerApp Running
2006-01-16 00:19:40 PowerLinc Core code initialized
2006-01-16 00:20:15 PowerLinc TimerApp Running
2006-01-16 00:20:15 PowerLinc Core code initialized
What are these

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:00 am
BruceP offline

(No subject)

An update

It seems that there was a power glitch or a complete loss. My computer is on a UPS and did not go down.

What do the Insteon devices do in this situation? What state do they default too?

Right now I believe they to to on.

Posted on
Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:11 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi Bruce,

They should default to their last on/off state after the power is restored. I have a test harness I use for SwitchLincs/KeypadLincs, which is plugged into a power strip. If I simulate a power outage by turning the power strip off, waiting a while, and turning it back on, then the modules go to their last state. I wonder if the power glitch cycled off/on/off/on quickly and confused the modules somehow. You could test LampLinc and ApplianceLincs yourself by unplugging them to simulate a power outage.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1