Setting ramp rate on the Insteon LED bulbs

Posted on
Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:00 am
thumpinc offline

Setting ramp rate on the Insteon LED bulbs

Hi - New to the board. I searched for the topic but didn't find it previously discussed.

I use several of the INSTEON 8W LED Bulbs with Indigo 6 and am wondering if there is a way to set their ramp rates? It is an available feature 'via software' according to Insteon, so I was hoping that Indigo would do it. Unfortunately when I set up the device I cant seem to find a way to determine ramp rate.

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:16 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Setting ramp rate on the Insteon LED bulbs

I'm not sure if the lamp supports using a set ramp rate when it receives a normal Turn On command or not. You can, however, create a PowerLinc Scene that turns the lamp on with a specific ramp rate and default brightness. Then instead of doing a normal Turn On command just execute that PowerLinc Scene command instead.

Posted on
Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:56 pm
nsheldon offline

You could also try using the Dimmer Extender plugin and see if that works for you. It doesn't set default ramp rates and brightness values, but rather allow you to specify a ramp rate and brightness level with each time the light is turned on. I haven't tested it with the LED bulb, but if they kept to the same published INSTEON command set, it should work.

Posted on
Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:49 am
neilgreene offline

Can I set the RAMP RATE for off commands. Or only for on?

Posted on
Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:49 am
nsheldon offline

Any default ramp rate you set applies to both on and off.

Posted on
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 pm
scs offline

I too have this question , and I find it odd that there is no obvious way to address it .

I have a few of these bulbs (INSTEON 2672-222 LED Bulb) and some may have been used with an Insteon hub previously. They ramp on and off (or even dim) at about 4.5 seconds with Indigo. They were evidently programmed to do this prior to me using them with Indigo. No need to use a Power Scene or anything else.

Now if I buy a new one, it's instant-on and no provision the set a ramp rate .

they obviously have the ramp-rate functionality built in just like the Lamplinc devices, and we indeed have the ability to control the ramp rate with Lamplinc devices.
Is there no workaround for the Insteon 2672 LED Bulb?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Indigo 2022.2 w/ Insteon and Z-Wave lights and outlets
Security integration.
Energy monitoring

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:38 pm
scs offline

scs wrote:
I too have this question , and I find it odd that there is no obvious way to address it .

I have a few of these bulbs (INSTEON 2672-222 LED Bulb) and some may have been used with an Insteon hub previously. They ramp on and off (or even dim) at about 4.5 seconds with Indigo. They were evidently programmed to do this prior to me using them with Indigo. No need to use a Power Scene or anything else.

Now if I buy a new one, it's instant-on and no provision the set a ramp rate .

they obviously have the ramp-rate functionality built in just like the Lamplinc devices, and we indeed have the ability to control the ramp rate with Lamplinc devices.
Is there no workaround for the Insteon 2672 LED Bulb?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

No ideas?

Security integration.
Energy monitoring

Posted on
Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:03 pm
nsheldon offline

No idea. I don’t have access any Insteon LED bulbs. Access to the API docs needed to answer that question is only available to paying licensees. Matt or Jay may be able to answer. Not sure.

You’re right though. SmartLabs obviously provided some way of setting a default, because the previous owners of those bulbs had set the ramp rate.

Posted on
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:22 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The Insteon LED bulbs use a different ramp rate table (different values) than the other Insteon devices (no idea why they changed it). We are looking at adding support for the other table in the device dialog UI so that we can enable/show the option for setting the default ON ramp rate.

Posted on
Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:24 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7.2.0 is now available for download and will now supports changing the default ON level and ramp rate UI settings for Insteon PAR 38 LED Bulb (2674) and 8 Watt LED Bulb (2672). Re-Define/Sync your LED Bulb devices for the new UI to appear.

Posted on
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:32 am
scs offline

matt (support) wrote:
Indigo 7.2.0 is now available for download and will now supports changing the default ON level and ramp rate UI settings for Insteon PAR 38 LED Bulb (2674) and 8 Watt LED Bulb (2672). Re-Define/Sync your LED Bulb devices for the new UI to appear.

Awesomeness Matt, I can see the new UI for the bulbs.
thanks
scs

PS I do notice that the ramp-rate setting in the UI, doesn't equal what the device does. (happens much faster on the device) Easy to workaround.

Security integration.
Energy monitoring

Page 1 of 1