HELP! KeypadLinc Button State as a condition

Posted on
Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:16 pm
costap offline

HELP! KeypadLinc Button State as a condition

Help!

Here is what I am trying to do:
I already have an action setup that uses a motion sensor to trigger a set of lights to come on and then turn off after a set period of time. Further I have this conditioned to only happen if the time of day is between two limits (using a variable).
However, I also have these same lights setup in a scene on my KeypadLinc (Insteon). When the scene is active and someone trips the motion sensor it messes up the scene.
What I want to do is further condition my action so that when scene "C" button is ON on the Keypadlinc that the motion sensor action is conditioned to not occur. I can't seem to find any way to read that state of the KeypadLinc scenes or use that to condition anything.

Posted on
Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:30 pm
roundy offline

(No subject)

You can not currently do this with Indigo and Insteon based Keypadlincs. Matt has said that Indigo cannot control the state of individual buttons on the Keypadlincs. It can only control button A (the one assigned to the load). Matt said in other posts that individual button control is possible but complicated.

I'm hoping that it's a feature that will be in version 2.0 or 2.5 of Indigo.

see this link: http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/php ... php?t=1013

Hope this helps.

Posted on
Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:10 am
ssmiller offline

(No subject)

costap,

I havent worked with the KeyPadLincs yet, but is it possible to also assign an X-10 code for scene "C" and then have a trigger action to disable your MS action? Not as reliable as Insteon, but might be a work around for now.

Scott

Page 1 of 1