ApplianceLinc

Posted on
Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:59 pm
gmusser offline

ApplianceLinc

I'm finding that the ApplianceLinc V2 module sometimes turns itself off -- and doesn't send out a signal informing Indigo and PowerLincs of its new status. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

George

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:07 am
Threadhead offline

(No subject)

George,
What is your AL connected to (light, motor, pump, ect.)?

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:11 am
gmusser offline

(No subject)

A humidifer, i.e. a fan motor and perhaps a servo or two.
George

Posted on
Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:42 am
Threadhead offline

(No subject)

I know there have been several reported problems with ALs and florescent lights (not all, but some). But that doesn't appear to be your situation.

Have you tried turnig off the Local Control feature? Doubt that could be the problem, but it's worth a try.

Did you give it an X10 address? It's possibe that some interference on your wiring it mimicking and X10 OFF and turing it off. Even though you may not have explicitly set an X10 address on it, sometimes they come from the factory with an X10 address set. To clear it, factory reset...

You might also try giving it a factory reset. You'll have to re-link it, but shouldn't take too long.

I have an AL conntect to our hot water recirc pump, and it's been working flawlessly for several months, on-and-off several times a day. Could be you have a bad module?

Page 1 of 1