Old X10 Settings Retained By Insteon Devices

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:58 pm
scchang offline

Old X10 Settings Retained By Insteon Devices

I was using Indigo 1.6 with Insteon Switchlinc Dimmers in X10 mode. Now using 1.8 with switches in Insteon mode. In the log, I still see X10 address referenced (eg. "A2 OFF" or something along those lines). Is this behavior normal? Should I do something to remove the X10 addresses?

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:32 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Old X10 Settings Retained By Insteon Devices

Yes, I would remove the X10 address assignment from the devices. Otherwise you'll end up with extra unneeded traffic on the power lines. Check the manual on how to do this -- I'm not sure if there is a way to just remove the X10 address, or if you will have to do the factory reset.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:39 pm
scchang offline

Thanks Matt

Will do.

Posted on
Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:01 pm
scchang offline

(No subject)

The procedure for removing the primary X10 address is on page 22 of the Switchlinc Dimmer User Manual (downloadable from the product page at smarthome.com).

Removing the X10 Primary Address
1. Set SwitchLinc Dimmer to Linking Mode by pressing and holding the Paddle Top for 10 seconds
until the top LED in the LED Bar begins blinking slowly and the controlled light flashes.
2. Set SwitchLinc Dimmer to Unlinking Mode by pressing and holding the Paddle Top again for 10
seconds until the controlled light flashes again.
3. Using an X10 Controller, send any X10 Address three times. It does not matter what the X10
Address is as long as it is the same one each time. You have about 4 minutes to perform this step
before SwitchLinc Dimmer’s Unlinking Mode times out automatically.
4. Once SwitchLinc Dimmer has received the X10 Address three times, SwitchLinc Dimmer will confirm
that it has removed its Primary X10 Address by blinking the top LED in its LED Bar and flashing the
light that it is wired to.

Page 1 of 1