EZIO8SA, EZIO2X4, EZIO8T support in Indigo

Posted on
Sat May 12, 2007 1:30 pm
ricks offline

Parse data from EXIOxx

So, what's the best solution to parsing out data returned by the EXIOxx?

From the log:
Code: Select all
  Time/Date Action   Read DS18B20
  Sent INSTEON       "EZIO8T" output binary states request (received: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
  Sent INSTEON       "EZIO8T" input binary states request (received: 0, 1, 1)
  Sent INSTEON       "EZIO8T" input sensor value request (received: 22)

I have the applescript to put the value into mysql ready, but how do I pull out the value after "EZIO8T input sensor value request (received:" ?

Thanks! I don't even know enough applescript to even be dangerous!
Rick

Posted on
Sat May 12, 2007 6:56 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Parse data from EXIOxx

Hi Rick,

Great question! The answer is that you cannot yet. :shock:
(EDIT: you CAN do this now. keep reading this thread for the details)

Indigo does give you access to show the analog and 1-wire input values on a web Control Page (and in the Event Log and Main Window), but it is not possible to pull the values out via AppleScript yet. I'll get that added in the next couple of days...

Regards,
Matt
Last edited by matt (support) on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sat May 12, 2007 7:12 pm
ricks offline

support wrote:
Indigo does give you access to show the analog and 1-wire input values on a web Control Page (and in the Event Log and Main Window), but it is not possible to pull the values out via AppleScript yet. I'll get that added in the next couple of days...

OK, I spent a little while trying to figure out how to parse the log file to pull out the value, but I had no luck. Since it's on your list of things to do, I'll just wait.

And maybe I'm being dense as well, but I couldn't see how to show the 1-wire value on a control page. All I see is being able to display binary inputs and output.

Thnx. Keep up the great work!

Posted on
Sat May 12, 2007 7:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

ricks wrote:
And maybe I'm being dense as well, but I couldn't see how to show the 1-wire value on a control page. All I see is being able to display binary inputs and output.

Are you running the latest build (2.0.5 or 2.0.6)? It has a popup menu when you have an EZIOxx selected that lets you choose any of the inputs. You want the "Sensor Input 1 (integer)" menu item.

Matt

Posted on
Sun May 13, 2007 12:14 am
ricks offline

support wrote:
Are you running the latest build (2.0.5 or 2.0.6)? It has a popup menu when you have an EZIOxx selected that lets you choose any of the inputs. You want the "Sensor Input 1 (integer)" menu item.

I'm running 2.0.6 (clients and server) and connecting to the server remotely. In a Control Page, I hit the "new" button, select device state under "display", and then choose my EZIO8T under "for:". A dropdown menu appears that has: All Binary Outputs, Binary Output [1-6] (true/false), All Binary Inputs, and Binary Input [1-3] (true/false). I see no integer option.

Rick

Posted on
Sun May 13, 2007 5:07 am
Otis offline

(No subject)

You're just seeing the top part of the list. Move the cursor down to scroll and display the other items.

Posted on
Sun May 13, 2007 7:02 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Rick,
ricks wrote:
...and Binary Input [1-3] (true/false). I see no integer option.

This looks like a bug. For the EZIO8T (the EZIO8SA works okay) that popup menu isn't showing all the options that it should. It'll be fixed in the next build.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Sun May 13, 2007 10:27 am
ricks offline

(No subject)

Otis wrote:
You're just seeing the top part of the list. Move the cursor down to scroll and display the other items.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting any scrolling action :) I'm only seeing the binary options.

Posted on
Mon May 14, 2007 10:37 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

support wrote:
This looks like a bug. For the EZIO8T (the EZIO8SA works okay) that popup menu isn't showing all the options that it should. It'll be fixed in the next build.

Indigo 2.0.7 is available for download and will hopefully fix this problem.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon May 14, 2007 10:40 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Rick,
ricks wrote:
I have the applescript to put the value into mysql ready, but how do I pull out the value after "EZIO8T input sensor value request (received:" ?

Download the latest build and try something like this:
Code: Select all
set sensorVal to item 1 of (get sensor inputs of device "EZIO8T")

Note the above pulls the value out of Indigo's representation of the Device. You'll want to periodically send a status request (can be done via a Time/Date Action) to the EZIO8T so that Indigo's input values are updated.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue May 15, 2007 8:46 am
ricks offline

Thanks Matt, you are fast on the trigger!!!

I'll have to wait until I get my EZIO8T back from it's firmware upgrade.

Posted on
Sun May 27, 2007 6:12 pm
ricks offline

(No subject)

Applescript additions work great! Thanks Matt.

On another note, it seems that if the EZIO8T is unplugged that it loses it's settings (1-wire no longer functions, only returns "255"). Forcing the re-upolad of the settings through "Edit EZIO settings" fixes it (until the next power outage). EZIO8T firmware is now 1.7.

I'm assuming I should take this up with Simplehomenet and it's not related to how Indigo programs the EZIO8T?
-Rick

Posted on
Wed May 30, 2007 5:24 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

ricks wrote:
On another note, it seems that if the EZIO8T is unplugged that it loses it's settings (1-wire no longer functions, only returns "255"). Forcing the re-upolad of the settings through "Edit EZIO settings" fixes it (until the next power outage). EZIO8T firmware is now 1.7.

Bummer. Yes, I think this is an EZIO8T issue. Indigo always (when you press the Set All button) tells the EZIOxx's to load the EEPROM with the RAM changes. My EZIO8SA with firmware 1.5 retains all of its settings (including 1-wire) after I unplug it.

Update: I just checked the code to see when Indigo tells the EZIOxx to update the EEPROM. It definitely does it whenever you set an alarm trip point OR when you set an output timer. So change your 1-wire sensor trip point sensor values.

There is also a bug in the current build that does not set the 1-wire sensor state if the "Enable analog inputs" is not on. So turn that checkbox ON as well. This will be fixed in the next build.

So, hopefully your issue is indeed related to the above Indigo buglet and not a firmware issue...

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Wed May 30, 2007 5:44 pm
ricks offline

(No subject)

Matt, thanks for checking.

I figured out that "Enable analog inputs" had to be on to get a valid 1-wire reading. Now I understand why :D

So, I currently have: "Enable analog inputs" and "Enable 1-wire sensor" turned on, with Sensor 1 trip point of "0,0" and the EXIO8T settings do not hold across the EXIO8T being power cycled.

I'll let you know what Simplehomenet's response is.

Rick

Posted on
Wed May 30, 2007 5:52 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Hi Rick,

Yeah, that sounds like an EZIO8T issue then. Some folks had similar problems with the EZIO2X4, but I heard that the latest firmware (which I think is 1.7) is working for them.

Matt