Troubleshooting "Insteon Interface Problem” Error Message...

Discuss how Indigo and INSTEON work together. If you have an INSTEON device that's not listed in the Home Automation Hardware forum or in the supported devices web app, report it here.
zeigh

Troubleshooting "Insteon Interface Problem” Error Message...

Post by zeigh »

First off, is there is an article/post specifically on troubleshooting an "Insteon Interface Problem” error message? I began to have these random repeated messages last night, followed by a quick reconnection each time. All the basic troubleshooting that I know of has failed. Regardless, I have learned over the past 21 years as an Indigo customer to have an immediate interface (2413U) to swap out with and have successfully done so for the sake of time.

Second, is there an easy way to test an interface to check its health functionality WITHOUT triggering the full resynching process? With over 100 Insteon devices, this process takes a log time.
“Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.” (Albert Einstein, 1941),
Dr. Z.
jay (support)
Site Admin

Re: Troubleshooting "Insteon Interface Problem” Error Messag

Post by jay (support) »

zeigh wrote:First off, is there is an article/post specifically on troubleshooting an "Insteon Interface Problem” error message?
signal troubleshooting guide
zeigh wrote:Second, is there an easy way to test an interface to check its health functionality WITHOUT triggering the full resynching process? With over 100 Insteon devices, this process takes a log time.
Not really. You can make sure the LED on the side is lit. If it's flickering constantly that could be an indication that there is severe power line noise or it could indicate a failing PowerLinc, but not much else.
Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Return to “INSTEON”