Troubleshooting Unresponsive I/O Line

Posted on
Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:00 pm
Different Computers offline

Troubleshooting Unresponsive I/O Line

I've got an I/O Linc I use as a garage door controller, and it worked flawlessly until we had a short power outage a few weeks ago. After that, it has been and remains unresponsive to commands from Indigo. Other Insteon gear works fine.

About all I've done to try fixing it is pulling its power and then plugging it back in. I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this further. The LED on it is green, and that's about all I know. The error I get in Indigo is
Code: Select all
"Garage Door" status request; send failed (no acknowledgment)

Anyone have hints/tips/tricks for getting it to respond again?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:24 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Troubleshooting Unresponsive I/O Line

Try a factory reset: unplug for 15 seconds, press and hold the set button, plug it back in while continuing to hold the set button, release the button after 15 seconds. Then resync in Indigo.

If it still fails, move it to an outlet in the same room as the PowerLinc - if it syncs then you have some communication issue between the PowerLinc and the garage location.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:13 am

Thanks! I'll try it tonight.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:22 am
jltnol offline

And if the reset doesn't work, unplug it and leave it, literally for a day or two, and try again... Can't think of any technical reason why this works, but I've had some success with Insteon devices with this...

Posted on
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Returning to this after ignoring the problem for far too long. The Linc has been unplugged for all that time! Until today.

Tried all the above, and Indigo never gets a response. Any way to tell if the device is just dead? I've moved it closer and tried it there, same result.

Considering the thing was only in service for about half a year, if I determine it is bad, it will be my last Insteon device.

Posted on
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Sounds dead. I've gone through a few of them myself, unfortunately.

Page 1 of 1