Alexa-Hue Bridge

Posted on
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:05 pm
sarahcat offline

Alexa-Hue Bridge

I thought this was your plug-in, but I no longer see it listed in the Forums. I've been using it since v1 without a problem, but I just upgraded my Mac to Catalina and I had recently upgraded Indigo to the full 64-bit version, just prior to the upgrade from Mojave to Catalina.

Once the Catalina OS upgrade was done, Indigo seems to be fine, but since all my commands to Echo devices result in "xdevice is not responding", I can only assume that something has happened to the connection between the Indigo Server 7.4 and the Alexa-Hue Bridge v3. This plugin may longer be supported, and if so, my apologies, but I'm not sure what, if anything has replaced it. I'm pretty dependent on Echo devices for home control via Indigo.

I've tried restarting Indigo Server, and the Alexa-Hue Bridge seems to be up and running in the Devices list. Anyone have a good direction for me?

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:04 am
autolog offline

Re: Alexa-Hue Bridge

The Alexa-Hue Bridge Plugin has its own forum here: Alexa-Hue Bridge

It isn't my plugin - it is an Indigo open source plugin and I just happen to be the plugin developer who has worked on it the most. :)

Posted on
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:32 pm
cjp767 offline

Re: Alexa-Hue Bridge

Here is a question-- and it's likely either my issue (probably) or an Alexa issue.

I finally switched from using this plugin to using Indigo's built in Alexa plugin. The old plugin has been flawless- thank you for all who contributed to its success.

When I switched to the new plugin, I added my new devices (as switches) and they are working perfectly. Unfortunately, I can't get rid of my old "Hue Light" entries in the Alexa app. I tried deleting the devices inside the Alexa app, but they keep coming back. I have also turned off the old Indigo Hue plugin and deleted my Hue Light simulated devices in Indigo.

It's like a scene from the walking dead. They keep resurrecting themselves. Thanks for any guidance.

Update: I found another thread called "Alexa transition." Apparently I'm not the only person who has had this issue. I'll look over there for a fix.

Page 1 of 1