Google Voice SMS Plugin

Posted on
Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:05 pm
hamw offline

Re: Google Voice SMS Plugin for Indigo 5 (SIRI support added

ddollar wrote:
Glad it's working for everyone and thanks for posting the revised plugin :)

I appreciate all the offers of donations! Would you perhaps consider making a donation to your favorite charity instead? If you don't have one in mind, here's a great one:
http://www.girlswhocode.com/about-us/

Cheers :)

DDollar, thank you for getting Google Voice back on track. I have made a donation to Girls Who Code, and am very happy to have learned about this organization.

Ben, thank you for adopting this plugin!!

Posted on
Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:14 pm
Dewster35 offline

Re: Google Voice SMS Plugin

jay (support) wrote:
Ben, don't forget that the source is now hosted on our GitHub account so if you make a change then create your own branch, make the change, sync it with your branch, then issue a pull request. Also, I don't believe you sent me your version with the substitution changes so you'll need to include that change as well if it's ready.

With this being on GitHub, does that now mean someone needs to have a GitHub account to be able to create changes to an open source plugin?

Posted on
Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:01 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Well, if you want it to be shared, yes (and that's really the best choice so there aren't different versions floating around). It's a pretty simple process - an account is free, creating a branch is simple, and with the GitHub Mac client it's easy to keep your branch up to date.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:47 pm
Brendan offline

I just recently noticed that this plug-in can no longer send SMS messages for me. I've got the latest version from Github and it's able to log in successfully. But when Indigo tries to send a message it fails, saying "Unable to send message." I've tried turning on debug messages and checked the system logs, but there's no further information about why it's failing. I've also tried it with two different Google Voice accounts. Both can log in, neither can send.

Anyone have any diagnostic advice? Is there a way to look at the responses that a plug-in is receiving so I can see what's failing?

Posted on
Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:17 am
Dewster35 offline

Brendan wrote:
I just recently noticed that this plug-in can no longer send SMS messages for me. I've got the latest version from Github and it's able to log in successfully. But when Indigo tries to send a message it fails, saying "Unable to send message." I've tried turning on debug messages and checked the system logs, but there's no further information about why it's failing. I've also tried it with two different Google Voice accounts. Both can log in, neither can send.

Anyone have any diagnostic advice? Is there a way to look at the responses that a plug-in is receiving so I can see what's failing?

Have you tried an indigo server or mac reboot?

Posted on
Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:33 pm
axlbundy offline

Dewster35 wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Have you tried an indigo server or mac reboot?

I was just having this same problem and the reboots solve it.

Thanks

Posted on
Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:24 pm
Dewster35 offline

Brendan wrote:

I should also mention that the plugin connection to the google voice service is finicky. Most users reload the plugin via script every 4 hours, I do it every hour.

Posted on
Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:37 pm
Brendan offline

I've restarted the Indigo server and rebooted the Mac. Same problem. If anything changed, it's that the "unable to send message" error comes more quickly now. :cry:

I've switched all my messaging over to sending SMS via email, which seems to work fine. I couldn't send via Gmail for some reason, but my non-Gmail address works fine. Apparently Google and Indigo just don't play well together?

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas about how to make the Google Voice plug-in work (or even just to better diagnose what's going on), let me know. Otherwise, I'll just stick with the SMS via email pathway.

Posted on
Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:01 pm
jltnol offline

FWIW, I have 1.1.2 version of the plugin and sending messages works just fine for me. I have my Google email and password entered into the plugin Config, I've created a device called Google Number(and have entered my Google # there), and have created a device called Google-iPhone, and have entered my cell phone number there.

Make sure you've got the latest version of the plugin..

Now.. what ISN'T working for me now is Triggers. When I send messages to my phone to my google voice number, the Event Logs registers the correct incoming text, including the *authorized" tag, but doesn't activate the trigger I've set up.. :(

Any suggestions???

Posted on
Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:47 pm
Dewster35 offline

The trigger needs to be off of your mobile number. You don't need a device for your home google voice number.

Posted on
Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:23 am
jltnol offline

Ok

Turns out, for me at least, NONE of the logic states work except for "Has Any Change"

With either of these set up,

Received Text
Becomes Equal to
Stop

Received Text
Becomes Not Equal to
Stop

The triggers do not fire, regardless of the text I send. At first I thought iOS was adding a space after my word, but even allowing for that possibility doesn't change anything.

The ONLY way Triggers work for me is when set to
Received Text
Has Any Change.
which makes it useless for sending commands via SMS...

Posted on
Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:49 am
Dewster35 offline

The text in your trigger needs to be all lowercase as the plugin strips all of that out. Something to check.

Posted on
Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:47 pm
jltnol offline

wow!

that works...

Thanks

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:50 pm
jlambert121 offline

I've been wanting to add python to my list of languages. Is there a list of feature requests somewhere for this plugin? Maybe just open GH issues? The only one that's open actually looks to be resolved based on the zip file I grabbed the other day.

Posted on
Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:28 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I'd guess any would be on this thread somewhere. Keeping them on Github is probably a good idea.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 15 of 21 1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21