Google Voice SMS Plugin

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:51 pm
zachhcaz offline

Re: Google Voice SMS Plugin

So interestingly enough I believe the old code works again.

So I believe this is the old line of code on line 74 of voice.py
galx = re.search(r"name=\"GALX\"\s+value=\"(.+)\"", content).group(1)

This was the new line of code that several of us are using and now running into issues.
galx = re.search(r"name=\"GALX\" type=\"hidden\"\n *value=\"(.+)\"", content).group(1)

So I decided to try the old line of code to see what happened and it is now working again. :D

Give it a try and let me know if yours starts working again!

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:57 am
hamw offline

Great work! that fixed it for me. Thank you so much!

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:43 am
Dewster35 offline

Can someone post an updated plugin? Please send to Jay and he'll make it available for all since the original developer has abandoned. Thanks everyone for the work!

And to save time next time Google changes back again, perhaps just comment out the previous code :D

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:06 am
individualist offline

Changed line 74 as described and it worked for me as well.

Posted on
Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:59 pm
colovin offline

Changing line 74 worked for me also. Don't need to worry about commenting out the old line. Just make a duplicate of the plugin and drag it out of the folder. Then you don't even need to edit the file next time. Just drag out the non working one and (pardon the pun) plug in the hopefully now working one.

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:21 am
eme jota ce offline

zachhcaz wrote:
So interestingly enough I believe the old code works again.

So I believe this is the old line of code on line 74 of voice.py

This was the new line of code that several of us are using and now running into issues.
galx = re.search(r"name=\"GALX\" type=\"hidden\"\n *value=\"(.+)\"", content).group(1)

So I decided to try the old line of code to see what happened and it is now working again. :D

Give it a try and let me know if yours starts working again!

Thanks! Worked great to change line 74.

For anyone, like me, who hasn't coded since an Apple IIe (BASIC) was cutting edge technology on the local suburban block .... here's the steps I used to paste the the new line 74 code into the Plugin.
    Disabled the GoogleSMSPlugin in Indigo,
    Went to the ....Indigo6/Plugins(Disabled) folder,
    Made a copy of the GoogleVoiceSMS.indigoPlugin file and moved it to a safe place,
    Opened the GoogleVoiceSMS.indigoPlugin (original) using Text Wrangler,
    Navigated in TextWrangler to: Contents-> Server Plugin -> googlevoice -> voice.py
    Then scrolled to line 74 and pasted / replaced as described by zachhcaz

mjc
Last edited by eme jota ce on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:02 pm
btassias offline

My GV was also having issues this is what i had for line 74 in voice.py which had re.MULTILINE
in that line 74, the fix listed in the previous post worked for me as well. :D
galx = re.search(r"name=\"GALX\"\s+type=\"hidden\"\s+value=\"(.+)\"", contant, re.MULTILINE).group(1)

Posted on
Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:51 am
jsable offline

Ok, so I have installed the newest version of the Google Voice SMS Plugin and I cannot get it to work, I am seeing this in my logs:

Code: Select all
  Google Voice SMS Error          Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 185, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 133, in verifyDevice
KeyError: 'key ContactName not found in dict'

Google Voice SMS Error          plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

I guess I am not understanding the "Authorized Contact Name" part of the device settings... I re-entered my cell phone number as a Device (old entry kept showing "error"), added the number and then my name as it appears in my GoogleVoice contact list (the GV account used for the plugin, not my every day e-mail, but they are exactly the same regardless). I looked at the lines referenced above and don't understand why it is not working.

Any help would be appreciated!

~John

Posted on
Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:14 am
FlyingDiver offline

What version are you actually running, and where did you get it? Those line numbers don't match up with my (working) version, and neither does that dictionary key.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:35 pm
jsable offline

Using Indigo 6.1.9 with ver. 1.2 of the plugin, got it from the link on this thread... made the change in line 74. I can receive text messages on alerts, but I cannot send texts to activate triggers.

Posted on
Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:44 am
jsable offline

Ok, so I downloaded plugin v. 1.2 from the github repository and installed it, changed line 74 and am now getting this:

Code: Select all
 Reloading plugin "Google Voice SMS 1.2.0"
  Stopping plugin "Google Voice SMS 1.2.0" (pid 12785)
  Stopped plugin "Google Voice SMS 1.2.0"
  Starting plugin "Google Voice SMS 1.2.0" (pid 12842)
  Started plugin "Google Voice SMS 1.2.0"
  Google Voice SMS                Logging in to your Google Voice account.
  Google Voice SMS                Successfully logged in to:************@gmail.com
  Z-Wave                          received "008 - sunRoomDoorSensor" status update battery level 100%
  Google Voice SMS                Time: 3:34 PM  From: John J Sable Jr:  MSG: Arm Alarm  *unauthorized*

I go to configure the plugin, there is now no "authorized contact name"...

Posted on
Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:10 am
FlyingDiver offline

jsable wrote:
I go to configure the plugin, there is now no "authorized contact name"...

I don't remember ever seeing an "authorized contact name" configuration parameter. Maybe that was in a much older version?

IIRC, the plugin considers any message from a sender that has a matching GV-SMS indigo device to be authorized, and anything else to be unauthorized.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:00 pm
mclass offline

Google Voice SMS Plugin

Hi Chris,

I have just stumbled across your plug in - it's exactly what I have been searching for, but .... Google Voice is not available outside the US, and I'm "downunder" in Australia :-(

I have zero programming skills, but was wondering if there are alternatives to GV that have an API that would enable you to "internationalise" the plugin? I understand that Skype may have had an API, but am unsure if it continues. Twilio maybe?

I would also like to be able to initiate phone calls to take control of a GSM controller that changes state (but does not answer). The GSM controller responds to the call with a text confirming that the required action has taken place. Would it be feasible to extend the plugin to dial a voice call as well as send and receive texts?

That's and regards,

Mclass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:30 pm
FlyingDiver offline

mclass wrote:
Hi Chris,

I have just stumbled across your plug in - it's exactly what I have been searching for, but .... Google Voice is not available outside the US, and I'm "downunder" in Australia :-(

I have zero programming skills, but was wondering if there are alternatives to GV that have an API that would enable you to "internationalise" the plugin? I understand that Skype may have had an API, but am unsure if it continues. Twilio maybe?

I would also like to be able to initiate phone calls to take control of a GSM controller that changes state (but does not answer). The GSM controller responds to the call with a text confirming that the required action has taken place. Would it be feasible to extend the plugin to dial a voice call as well as send and receive texts?

That's and regards,

Mclass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris is no longer maintaining this plugin, so any new features are extremely unlikely. And it uses a GoogleVoice specific API, so other services are even less likely.

The Twilio API is actually fairly approachable. Most actions can be done with fairly simple curl-type requests. If this plugin ever totally breaks, I'll probably write a Twilio one.

Twilio does voice and SMS. I wonder if you can do both from one number? I need to look into that some more. Might be worth a couple bucks a month not to depend on GV and this plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:46 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I believe twilio is a paid service. We've glanced at it over the years but it's never been high enough on our priority list (either to be included or open sourced) to advance.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn