Google Voice SMS Plugin

Posted on
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:14 pm
Dewster35 offline

Re: Google Voice SMS Plugin for Indigo 5 (SIRI support added

Interesting. Just saw this today. Not being sure exactly what constitutes a "third party app", hoping someone can elaborate.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/10/31/5 ... -next-year

Posted on
Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:16 pm
btassias offline

I been using Google Voice for some time now without any problems until yesterday!! In my plugin configuration i have the email and password i used to
set up Google Voice and the SMS Device i nave my iPhone number which has been working good. GV V1.1.1 is the version running now and Indigo 6.0.4
reloading the plugin doesn't help, I can go log onto my Google voice account and send a test text which shows up on the phone which should be a good
indication my email and password is correct. below is output from the log file . Not sure if it stopped when Indigo upgraded. I notice on the forums others
have the same issues.

Google Voice SMS Logging in to your Google Voice account.
Google Voice SMS Unable to login. Please verify your e-mail/password in the plugin preferences
Google Voice SMS Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 4.50.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 4.50.52 PM.png (3.96 KiB) Viewed 5554 times

Posted on
Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:21 pm
jascha offline

[quote="btassias"]I been using Google Voice for some time now without any problems until yesterday!! In my plugin configuration i have the email and password i used to ...

If you took the time to read a few of the posts immediately preceding yours, you would have the answer you are looking for.

Posted on
Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:26 pm
btassias offline

Hi Jascha
i went back and read through the preceding post, if i understood it right Is Google Voice site at fault? I didn't see if there is a fix for this yet.
or if Ben was going to update the plugin. I guess i didn't understand what they were saying sorry about that.

thanks

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:48 am
jltnol offline

I've read the previous posts and understand that Google has changed it's page, hence a slight problem with the plugin.

Since I'm just trying this one out, my problem is that my iPhone as a device has an "error".

Is it safe for me to assume that this fault is the result of the Google Voice web page change.... or is it likely I've got an additional problem as well?

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:15 am
ddollar offline

Open the plugin and edit the file Server Plugin/googlevoice/voice.py

Change line 74 to the following:

Code: Select all
galx = re.search(r"name=\"GALX\"\s+type=\"hidden\"\s+value=\"(.+)\"", content, re.MULTILINE).group(1)

It appears that the login form changed a bit but this will get you back up and running.

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:10 am
dejees offline

Same question as Jascha asked on 10/30, is there a version 1.1.12, and if so where can it be downloaded from? The fix from Ddollar worked like a champ, thanks for posting it!

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:15 am
Dewster35 offline

There is no 1.1.2, the latest version is 1.1.1. This plugin was abandoned by the original developer.

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:19 am
Dewster35 offline

Also, this fix seems to have worked. If it continues for everyone else, we'll get a new version posted up for all to DL.

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:57 am
lpfb offline

I've made the change but don't seem to have the desired effect of resolving the issue.

Anyone else having difficulties? I've made the change in the file, made sure to reload the plugin as well...

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 pm
lpfb offline

My mistake. The fix works. Great work, thanks!

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:37 pm
btassias offline

Editing the Plugin also worked for me to, Nice job Thanks. Is there a way to send a donation for taking the time to solve this? :D

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:29 pm
hamw offline

Think we are back on track. ddollar, if you will post a link, I'd also like to make a donation. :D

Posted on
Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:24 am
jltnol offline

Hey guys

I'm not a programming type of guy, but did manage to find the right file to edit and get this to work.

It may be helpful for others who are less comfortable tinkering with files to either post the revised plugin(is that legal?) or instructions on how to edit what needs to be changed.

I'm more than happy to write up the instructions, but do NOT want to step on anyone's toes, or break the protocol of camaraderie that makes the Indigo forum so wonderfully helpful for all, especially for folks like me!!

Posted on
Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:34 am
Dewster35 offline

I've submitted a revised plugin to the guys, so hopefully they'll post the update when they get the opportunity.

Page 12 of 21 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 21