Global Cache Plugin

Posted on
Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:31 pm
HA1 offline

Re: Global Cache Plugin for Indigo 5 available here

FYI, I got it working with Indigo 6. Note that my IR Module seems to have been corrupted during the conversion (not sure if it was my fault, or if a translation error) but regardless, I created a new iTach connection, new IR module, and sent my Global Cache codes again and they worked fine.

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:10 am
HA1 offline

I notice that, at least on Indigo 6, I can only connect to one GC unit at a time. I have multiple iTach units and I can communicate with any one of them, but as soon as I add a second device and connect to it, it loses connectivity to the 1st device. When I reconnect to the first device (by simply changing its IP address to a bogus one, then changing it back to the correct original one), it loses connectivity to 2nd device. None of this is apparent, other than that the IR devices stop receiving signals. Any thoughts on this? Is this a known limitation or perhaps a problem with my particular Indigo server?

Posted on
Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:24 am
Korey offline

HA1 wrote:
I notice that, at least on Indigo 6, I can only connect to one GC unit at a time. I have multiple iTach units and I can communicate with any one of them, but as soon as I add a second device and connect to it, it loses connectivity to the 1st device. When I reconnect to the first device (by simply changing its IP address to a bogus one, then changing it back to the correct original one), it loses connectivity to 2nd device. None of this is apparent, other than that the IR devices stop receiving signals. Any thoughts on this? Is this a known limitation or perhaps a problem with my particular Indigo server?

You might want to look at Perry's Plugin for the Global Cache units.

There hasn't been any posts from this plugin's author since Nov 2011. :?:

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:40 pm
nanochow offline

Would anyone know if this plug-in supports the Global Cache iTach Flex IP? I have one and have not been able to successfully get it to send an IR signal.

Posted on
Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:19 pm
RogueProeliator offline

As another post suggested in this thread, take a look at Perry's plugin... it supports the iTach Flex, having added support fairly recently. This plugin seems to be pretty much abandoned and Perry maintains and supports his plugins, so that is definitely you best bet.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:33 am
nanochow offline

Hi Adam. I was able to get the Global Cache plugin to work, but the plugin needs to be reloaded every time the iTach Flex is unpowered. I haven't been able to get Cynical Cache to work yet, but it looks like the Cynical's "keep alive" feature should solve my device disconnect problem.

Thanks for your help on this!
Cal