ISY Bridge Plugin

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:07 pm
dking4 offline

Re: ISY Bridge Plugin

Well, serendipitous surprise. I just went back to Indigo to resume some testing and to my surprise the first light I tested worked. I last worked on this on Friday and to my knowledge nothing has changed but I may have solved my problem with some benign neglect.

FTR, I forgot to mention that I factory reset the serial PLM attached to the ISY with each firmware restore.

I hope my problems are truly solved.

:D

Posted on
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:14 pm
ginganinja offline

Does the ISY bridge support motion sensors?

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:45 pm
ppespepe offline

ginganinja wrote:
Does the ISY bridge support motion sensors?

I see nobody has answered this in almost a year. Anyway I've been using Indigo for less than 6 months and ISY for less than two but here is my up to date info: :D

ISY994i IR Pro ZW+ running 5.2.0, Indigo 7.4.1 and ISY Plugin v2.0:

Plugin is not really working, is giving me this error: ISY Bridge Error list index out of range: 192.168.x.x but it was working before adding more devices and here is what it recognizes so far and what not (from my device inventory of course). All of the listed devices, are working good on the ISY.
- Motion Sensor II 2844-222 --NO
- Triggerlinc (door sensor) 2843-222 --NO
- Mini Remote 8 Scenes 2342-2 --NO
- Lamplinc --YES
- On-OFF module 2635-222 --YES
- Keypadlinc 2334-2 --YES
- IOlinc --It will recognize it and will update its status but you can't turn it on or off. Have not tested the sensor yet but since it reads the on/off status, chances are it would work.
- Leak Sensor 2852-222 --NO

Now, z-wave devices:

- Aeotec Smartswitch 6 --YES
- Fibaro Motion Sensor (the one that looks like an eye) --NO
- Fibaro nano dimmer --NO
- Fibaro Leak Sensor --NO

It is a real shame this plugin seems to be abandon-ware... I use two more HA software and their respective integrations work without a single problem.

Hope this help.

PP

Posted on
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:48 pm
Doctor Q offline

I came over to Indigo after 15 years with ISY, came for the Z-wave device variety and stayed for the Homebridge capabilities. It would’ve saved me a lot of time if I could have gotten ISY Bridge to work. In my case, I suspect that was because I was running Polyglot on a Raspberry Pi in conjunction with the ISY. Polyglot is UDIs version of Indigo plug-ins.
I agree it’s a shame the plug-in is orphaned, ISY firmware has been a moving target for quite a while now, so it would require an active effort to keep it current.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:02 pm
ppespepe offline

Doctor Q wrote:
I came over to Indigo after 15 years with ISY, came for the Z-wave device variety and stayed for the Homebridge capabilities. It would’ve saved me a lot of time if I could have gotten ISY Bridge to work. In my case, I suspect that was because I was running Polyglot on a Raspberry Pi in conjunction with the ISY. Polyglot is UDIs version of Indigo plug-ins.
I agree it’s a shame the plug-in is orphaned, ISY firmware has been a moving target for quite a while now, so it would require an active effort to keep it current.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Works great this ISY so far, bear in mind I've been an Indigo user for like 4 months and like 4 weeks with ISY :lol: ... I call the ISY, the little thing that could. :D

It is not my intention (at all) to replace Indigo but to complement it. Indigo is actually a wonderful piece of software but, like with any other home automation software, it has its minor flaws, reason why it is not my only HA software. I agree the Homebridge integration is second to none and is very responsive with a fantastic automation engine and Python based scripting ... good enough reasons to use it. About the Polyglot nodes on the ISY well... I'm intending to use only the cloud based Polyglot...

I bought the ISY with the intention to have a hub where I could share Insteon and z-Waves between the three home automation software I use, Indigo of course being one of them but since the PI is not ready for this, as of today, I'm simply migrating all of my safety related z-waves to the ISY the reason being it boots in like 15 seconds directly to work without human intervention, one thing is not that easy to achieve with normal PC based products since it will need me login in for the HA software to start.

Anyway, I must forget any and all ISY integration with Indigo... In 4 months I almost replaced my other two HA software, not because they were bad because they are not, mostly because Indigo is more Apple oriented as opposed to Windows oriented of the other two... but as of today, replacing all of them simply won't happen.

Cheers!!!

Posted on
Sat Dec 25, 2021 4:19 pm
ThomS offline

I am running releawe 5.3.0 on an ISY 994i/IR PRO. ISY Inventory tells me I have 484 nodes, 54 Scenes and 47 Programs..
I just red that ISY 5.3 is not in the supported list. Is there anyone interested in that support who could do the work?

I seem to have all the insteon devices represented. No z-wave, programs or scenes.

Posted on
Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:46 pm
ThomS offline

Until I reinstalled Indigo 2021.2 I was able to (mostly) Initialize the ISY Bridge. I was going to find the problems with individual device types, but now ISY Bridge cannot find my ISY.
I will attempt to fix the problems I was having with individual device types, but I cannot do that until I figure out how the plugin was finding the ISY. I am very new to python and this may be obvious.

If anyone can give me a clue, I would appreciate it.

Posted on
Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:52 pm
ThomS offline

I should have included that I have turned on debug and all I see is

Enabling plugin "ISY Bridge 2.0.0"
Starting plugin "ISY Bridge 2.0.0" (pid 36223)
ISY Bridge Debug <<----called: init
Started plugin "ISY Bridge 2.0.0"

calls to debugLog are copious, but I hit nothing else.