ISY Bridge Plugin

Posted on
Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:54 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

ISY Bridge Plugin

I've updated the ISY plugin (source graciously donated by @bcall) to work with Indigo 6 and have created a repo for it on our Github repository. If you happen to be using an older version note that we've adopted a new plugin ID pattern (com.indigodomo.opensource.PLUGIN) - this change will mean that if you install it it won't replace the old version - you'll need to manually remove that one.

Directions for downloading, installing, and using the plugin can be found in the README.md file (which is also shown on the repo landing page).

This thread is probably the best place to ask questions though if you find a bug you can also enter it in the Issues section of the Github repo. Note, however, that there may not be anyone paying attention to those on a regular basis.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:48 pm
oratzes offline

Re: ISY Bridge Plugin

Excellent! Thank you! Gonna give it a try right away.

Indigo 6.0.9, Mac Mini Server 2010 Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz 4GB RAM, OSX 10.9.1, INSTEON PowerLinc 2413U, > 100 INSTEON - primarily dual band dimmers and keypads, ISY994iZ, Pentair Intellitouch, Autelis Pool Control, Sharp Aquos LED TV, Pioneer SC-75, ...

Posted on
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:35 am
oratzes offline

Got the basics to run out of the box.

Unfortunately right now no support for KeypadLincs or any sort of Scenes (what I was really hoping for).
A few error messages when dimming devices.

Will play with it a little more to see if this could fit my needs with some modifications.

Again thank you for making this available!

Indigo 6.0.9, Mac Mini Server 2010 Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz 4GB RAM, OSX 10.9.1, INSTEON PowerLinc 2413U, > 100 INSTEON - primarily dual band dimmers and keypads, ISY994iZ, Pentair Intellitouch, Autelis Pool Control, Sharp Aquos LED TV, Pioneer SC-75, ...

Posted on
Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:40 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

What about the execute scene actions?

[EDIT]Couldn't remember the exact names at the time, but, on the Actions tab, select from the Type: popup:

ISY Bridge Actions->Send Scene On Command
ISY Bridge Actions->Send Scene Off Command

This should solve both of your problems, no? The KPL load button(s) are represented by dimmer/relay devices, and controlling an individual button's state is done through scene commands (which is how you have to control them on the ISY). What am I missing?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:38 am
oratzes offline

Need to spend more time on it. Only had some time during Super Bowl to install and do some basic testing.

I was only able to get button/group #1 of KeypadLincs to show up in the devices list, but none of the others (both of 6 or 8 button devices). Also all these #1 buttons came up as unknown devices, rather than the INSTEON device types for all other dimmers and switches.

Last but no least I have not had a chance to test what happens if I change anything in the ISY and how to propagate the results into Indigo. e.g. add or remove a devices or rename an existing.

I will also try to see if I can replicate the folder structure in the ISY in the device section of Indigo. Too many devices in a single list.

I will provide updates as I make progress.

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:33 pm
416to305 offline

Does this plugin still work? I can't make it work at all, it installs, detects my ISY but I can't do anything beyond that, all I get are error messages in the event log:

Feb 7, 2015, 2:31:11 PM
ISY Bridge Error Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 852, in deviceUpdated
File "plugin.py", line 115, in deviceStartComm
File "plugin.py", line 225, in updateISYDevices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/ISY Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/deviceController.py", line 214, in getDevices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/ISY Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/deviceController.py", line 157, in parseOneDevice
<type 'exceptions.IndexError'>: list index out of range

Feb 7, 2015, 2:31:32 PM
ISY Bridge Error Error in plugin execution UiAction:

File "plugin.py", line 391, in updateAllFromMenu
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/ISY Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/deviceController.py", line 214, in getDevices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/ISY Bridge.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/deviceController.py", line 157, in parseOneDevice

ISY Bridge Error Error in plugin execution UiAction:

File "plugin.py", line 399, in updateDevicesFromMenu

Posted on
Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:45 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Which ISY is it? And what firmware version is it using?

It still seems to be working for the ISY I have, but I haven't updated the firmware in a while.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:43 am
416to305 offline

It is the ISY994i with Z-Wave module, I have the latest RC firmware which is 4.2.23, latest official is 4.2.18 but the RC is stable it just added some basic things like Z-Wave certification and a fix for the mobile app. It's fine was going to sell the ISY but saw this plugin so thought I'd try it out but haven't been able to make it work, even when putting Indigo on another Mac it does the same thing. It detects it and lets me enter my username/password, just when you try to do anything it's all those errors non stop in the event viewer.

Posted on
Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:48 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The latest I've tested with is 4.1.2. I'm not going to have a chance to look in to this, but maybe one of the other users/developers can?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue May 05, 2015 12:06 pm
mattyf offline

Can I use this bridge plugin along with a ISY box with z wave to effectively and accurately control a Schlage Z-Wave lock from within Indigo? Without the delays I hear can be associated with the Vera solution?

Posted on
Tue May 05, 2015 9:12 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

No idea what the Z-Wave performance is on the ISY, nor how locks are presented in their API.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:42 pm
rifraf4u offline

Question - I'm trying to get the ISY Plugin working - but my ISY Unit is on another network (i.e. will not receive a must-cast). Is there a way I can just specific an IP?

Thanks for you help!

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:10 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The plugin doesn't currently allow that. If someone wants to make those changes and submit a pull request we'd certainly incorporate the changes and create a new release.

As noted on the README, we host the repo in our GitHub account but we don't maintain the plugin itself.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:16 am
rifraf4u offline

Ok, thanks - I figured.. I will see if I can hack the python scripts to add such a feature. But I underscore HACK... perhaps someone with more programming skills than I might volunteer to do it right!

Regards,

Posted on
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:34 am
rifraf4u offline

Ok, so got this plugin-in to find my ISY Bridge by supplying the IP and uuid by hand (again, ISY is on a different network than Indigo, so multicast discovery won't work).. and it registered all the devices configured in ISY... however, none of them work through indigo...

So, I'm guessing now there are issues with this version of the ISY Bridge and Indigo 7 and/or ISY Current Firmware (which I think is 4.4.6?)...

anyone have luck running the ISY bridge on indigo 7.0.x ?

thanks much!