Russound RNET Plugin

Posted on
Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:12 pm
nlagaros offline

Re: Russound RNET Plugin

I've made v1.1.4 of the Russound plugin available. The major enhancement is control over the Russound ST2 tuner via a new action.

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:31 pm
lraesly offline

I have Indigo version 6 (beta). The plugin is not recognized by the Indigo software. Is there something I need to do to make it work or is it a versioning issue?

Best,

Lee

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:36 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Lee,

Does it show up in the Plugins menu at all? What is shown in the Event Log window when it is enabled or reloaded?

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:54 pm
lraesly offline

Matt,

I'm new to Indigo (v6 was my first install) but not new to home automation (Homeseer) or programming. (BTW, I really, really like Indigo. Heads and tails over what I've used in the past.)

But I feel like I must be missing something. I downloaded the plugin and placed it in /Library/Applications Support/.../Plugins. I can see my other two plugins in the folder (RFXCOM and WeatherSnoop). But the Russound plugin does not show up in the list under the Plugins menu item. Nor does it show in Manage Plugins.

Am I doing something basically wrong? I have the same issue with the ELK M1 plugin.

Again, Indigo is great stuff.

Lee

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

To install the plugin just double-click it while Indigo is running. It should then prompt you to install/enable the plugin, then it should show up in the UI/menus. If it doesn't, then let me know what errors you see.

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:11 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

If you manually install plugins (dragging them to the Plugins folder) then you have to restart the IndigoServer for them to be recognized. Double-clicking on them in the Finder will save you those steps.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:41 pm
lraesly offline

Testing some more...

I stopped the server.
Quit Indigo.
Double clicked on the russound plugin (after removing from plugins folder and plugins(disabled) folder).
I received an error message that says:

"Plugin install error
There is a problem with this plugin. If this error persists, contact the developer."

Manually placing the plugin in either Plugins (disabled) or Plugins doesn't make a difference. (I assume it should go in disabled and it is moved to plugins once enabled through the app.

What is interesting is that the other plugins, when right clicked in the Finder folder, show a choice of "Show Package Contents" but the Russound plugin does not.

Thoughts?

Lee

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Looks like the download on his site is a bit messed up. The file that gets downloaded is a .zip file as it should be since you cannot directly download the .indigoPlugin format (it is really a folder). The problem is the file that gets downloaded doesn't have a .zip extension. So rename it with a .zip, then double-click it. That will expand it and you'll have the plugin, which you can then double-click to install.

Posted on
Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:00 pm
lraesly offline

Yep... just figured that out from another post.

Thanks!!

Posted on
Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:47 pm
lraesly offline

One more question:

What serial (over ethernet) hardware devices does the plugin support? I read about VCSE (sp?) but I don't want to run a windows server downstairs.. Other devices include an Elk Elk IP-232 and the GC-100.

Any suggestions?

Best,

Lee

Posted on
Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:07 pm
lraesly offline

Went out on a limb and purchased the StarTech.com 1-Port RS232 Serial over IP Ethernet Device Server from Amazon (returnable). Hoping that this works as advertised!

Lee

Posted on
Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:58 pm
lraesly offline

Running into a little trouble with the Startech ethernet to RS232 device...

I have set it up on the network and can configure it in a web browser or via telnet. Installed the Russound plugin, created device, etc.

When trying to execute an All On command (one zone), I get the following error (see below).

I believe that I have a configuration problem with the Startech device, not a problem with the Russound plugin.

I'm hoping that someone can provide some guidance on configuring the Startech.

Best,

Lee

Error from Event Log:

Schedule Russound Test
Russound Debug TX: F0 7E 00 7F 00 00 70 05 02 02 00 00 F1 22 00 00 01 00 00 01 0F F7
Russound Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 59, in actionAllZonesOn
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins/Russound.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Russound.py", line 786, in actionGeneric
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 5/Plugins/Russound.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/Russound.py", line 367, in sendMessage
<class 'socket.error'>: (32, 'Broken pipe')

Posted on
Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:57 am
nlagaros offline

I use the virtual serial port emulator on a Windows PC with the following settings:

Speed: 19200
DTR/RTS: no
Parity: no
Bits: 8
Stop bits: 1

Let's start by having these match the StarTech and we will go from there.

Posted on
Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:43 am
lraesly offline

Yep. Using those settings. Assuming dts/rts is flow control and mine is set to none.

I plan on checking the startech website today for more test tools.

Lee

Posted on
Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:39 am
lraesly offline

Changed the device type on the Startech to Raw Server Mode (counter-intuitive but I guess it is serving the Russound) and I think it is now communicating. The debug output shows that it is not handshaking but I am able to turn on a zone, so not certain if handshake matters. I'll test more this evening and, if successful, post the settings for all to use in the future...

Lee