Cannot Update Device State

Posted on
Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:06 am
nsosnicki offline

Cannot Update Device State

I've been using the plug-in with my 70" Sharp 4K for about 1 year. Works great; thank you!

One issue I see in the log is

"Error cannot update device state for key avMode to value N17 (invalid enumeration value)"

I doubt this has any impact on functionality that I need, but it does add noise to my log as this is repeated once per minute while the TV is on.

Is there anything I can do to help understand what N17 is and get that added to the device state for avMode?

Posted on
Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:29 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Cannot Update Device State

No, this wouldn't really cause operational issues -- but the strange thing is that I do see an N17 as a valid option for the avMode. What version of the plugin are you using? I guess it is possible I added that since the last update, but I don't remember having any unreleased changes there.

FYI, I now have TV envy, thanks. I'll have to enjoy it vicariously through the plugin. :-)

Posted on
Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:21 pm
nsosnicki offline

I seem to have the latest.
Attachments
1-3-14.tiff
1-3-14.tiff (162.81 KiB) Viewed 3429 times

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:04 am
howartp offline

That screenshot makes no sense.

Numerically 14 should be newer than 9, but it says latest available is 9.

Either way, if your plugin is up to date then the numbers should match, despite what it says.

Adam - have you accidentally used string comparison to check versions (so the '9' is higher than the '1' in '14')?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:34 am
RogueProeliator offline

Adam - have you accidentally used string comparison to check versions (so the '9' is higher than the '1' in '14')?

No that is just where I had released a new version for some users and hadn't flipped the update notification to the new version... obviously need to go back and put the notification version to the latest now.

Adam

Page 1 of 1