Stack trace

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:17 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Stack trace

When adding my new television for the first time (LC-60C6500U, which is the same as the LC-60LE650 but with a model number specific to Costco and Sams), I immediately got this error when I closed the config dialog:

Code: Select all
  Sharp TV Network Remote Plugin Error Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sharp TV Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkTelnetDevice.py", line 209, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
    self.handleDeviceResponse(responseText.replace(lineEndingToken, ""), command)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sharp TV Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkTelnetDevice.py", line 330, in handleDeviceResponse
    rpResponse.executeEffects(responseText, rpCommand, self, self.hostPlugin)
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Sharp TV Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkDeviceResponse.py", line 115, in executeEffects
    newStateValue = eval(newStateValueString)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'ERR'

Disabling the device and reenabling it results in the same. Tried to look at it quickly but it's apparently buried in the RPFramework library.

I couldn't get the Sharp TV Remote app to work, but I'm seeing the same issue everyone else is since they put up version 1.1 - it appears they broke the app (read the reviews and you'll see tons of complaints).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:53 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Stack trace

That is the same error that another user posted today -- that 'ERR' string is the response from the TV wherein it should have been an integer response (I failed to trap the error return on a couple of status-retrieval commands, causing the full plugin error rather than just a log entry).

Need to see if we have any common elements here -- I assume you enabled the AQUOS Network Remote in the TV settings, but did you password protect the network remote connection? Left it on the default port?

Was that error when the TV was on or off?

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:35 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Remote turned on, no user/password. I just ran a couple more tests:

• HDMI 1 input with nothing transmitting to that port: same problem
  • HDMI 1 input with the AppleTV going to it: same problem
  • Netflix app active: same problem
  • I had some inputs set to skip - wasn't sure if that effected the API so I enabled them all: same problem

I've tried it both using wired and wireless network connections, no difference. Let me know what else I can try (feel free to take it off-line if you want just send to our email addy).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

One other thing to note: it is in fact communicating with the tv because powerState is getting set correctly: true when it's on and false when it's off (my debug info looks identical to the other post). So something about the RSPW? and ITGD? commands are causing an ERR to be returned. It looks like you're handling ERR for the former since there is no stack trace, but the latter it appears you aren't. Perhaps the documentation (wherever you found it) is incorrect about possible return values from ITGD?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:57 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Hmm, interesting possibility that brings up - those status commands (the ones with the question mark at the end) are not actually documented for that model, but they are for others. Having said that, they have been working fine on mine since I wrote the plugin. But being not documented for the particular model, maybe support is sketchy or firmware dependent.

Let's take the easiest debugging method - I'll email you my test script that I used to verify the commands; you can uncomment each and see which ones work on your TV... all the ones here work on mine and are the exact commands which the plugin sends, so it is likely our best/easiest test.

Page 1 of 1