Feedback / Testing

Posted on
Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:38 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Feedback / Testing

This plugin is not likely to reach all that many people, but if anyone successfully uses this with a Sharp AQUOS other than the product line listed, please let me know so that I can update the post for any future users.

Also please let me know any suggestions/issues that you have or enhancement requests - new commands are fairly easy to add to the plugin so any new features (or those not on this model against which the plugin was developed) should be trivial to incorporate.

Adam

Posted on
Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:03 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Feedback / Testing

Great contribution. Now if I just had an AQUOS… :P

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:12 am
durosity offline

Oh my.. well this really has thrown the cat amongst the pigeons.. and here was me thinking i’d settled on what new TV to buy. I’m gonna have to find a LC50LE651 to test it with before buying (since i can’t find any trace of the 650 available in this country.. i’d imaging they’re similar but manufactures do love changing features between countries for some stupid reason). Looks like some brilliant work, keep it up! :D

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:42 am
RogueProeliator offline

If you look on Sharp's site, you can usually find the manual for any model you might be considering - and their manuals, for the most part, are pretty good about detailing the IP Control protocol. If it is detailed in there and says can be sent to the ethernet port, you should be ok.

If it throws another wrench in your plans... investigating controlling a Sony Bravia this weekend ;-) I suspect the Sharp protocol to be a bit more robust, but I do not yet know for sure. I've been working with another member of the forums here on these two televisions as he is looking to control them and wanted the Sony plugin because of the smaller sizes available (most of the IP controllable Sharp models are larger).

Adam

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:50 am
durosity offline

Good idea, i’ll have a look! But you’re absolutely right from what i’ve seen so far, seems the smallest they do here starts at about 50”.. too big for my needs.. i think 46” max (but then i’ve not actually seen the living room in my new house yet, so it’s difficult to say for sure what size will work). I might hang back and see what you do on the Bravia’s as they seem to be more suitable to my needs!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:53 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Not sure if you hung back or not, but I'll be posting the plugin to control Sony Bravia TVs in the next day or two. The interface provided by Sony is not quite up to par with that provided by Sharp, but still works pretty darn well to replace a remote or script out some home theater scripts.

Posted on
Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:01 am
durosity offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
Not sure if you hung back or not, but I'll be posting the plugin to control Sony Bravia TVs in the next day or two. The interface provided by Sony is not quite up to par with that provided by Sharp, but still works pretty darn well to replace a remote or script out some home theater scripts.

Hung back is an understatement.. realised we’d miscalculated the deposit needed for our new house so every penny I have spare is now going towards that ;). Never mind.. hopefully a new TV in a few months time.. i’ll be very interested to see what models your plugin supports and what functionality is supported!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:25 pm
RatRanch offline

Note that this plugin also appears to work with an Elite branded Sharp TV (model PRO-70X5FD). I don't need to control anything other than power on/off and the plugin does that just fine. Thanks for making it available.

-Jim

Posted on
Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:52 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Thanks for the feedback - that will definitely help others identify supported models!

Adam

Page 1 of 1