Insteon and Indigo in a multi-unit condo building

Forum rules

Just a few rules for this forum:

• Keep discussions relevant and productive - try not to be overly-critical (no trolling).
  • Posts don't have to be about Indigo, but please don't use this forum as a platform to actively promote other competing products.
  • The forum is open to everyone whether they're an installer or not for the simple reason that users often may have useful suggestions to the installer community. We can change this later if it becomes an impediment to it's primary function.

We want to encourage/grow the installer market so let us know if there's anything else we can do to facilitate your business.

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:52 pm
smillerdad offline

Insteon and Indigo in a multi-unit condo building

I may have an opportunity to install Insteon components in a large residential building and would appreciate any feedback anyone has had with a large installation. Ideally, one iMac running Indigo on-site could keep tabs on devices many floors away, and I could monitor the system remotely. I am not yet familiar with how the building (or any large building) is wired and am not sure I even know the right questions to ask.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Steve

smillerdad

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:57 pm
roussell offline

Re: Insteon and Indigo in a multi-unit condo building

Try to get an understanding of how the power enters the building. Is it 3 phase, or regular split phase. Is the entire complex fed from one transformer with multiple meters per residence, or multiple feeds/transformers?

Things like that will greatly affect how Insteon signals propagate through the building.

Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:10 am
smillerdad offline

Terry,

Thanks for the guidance. It makes perfect sense and will help me address my challenge.

Steve

smillerdad

Posted on
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:51 pm
mohaidar offline

I am also considering a solution for multi-unit condo using Indigo and mostly insteon devices.. Wondering if anyone ended up trying this out?

Page 1 of 1