Which Niles device will be supported ?

asw24b

Which Niles device will be supported ?

Post by asw24b »

Thanks !
RogueProeliator

Re: Which Niles device will be supported ?

Post by RogueProeliator »

I have written the plugin against the Niles Audio ZR-6 Multizone System with both a master and a slave receiver installed; I believe that the command protocol should allow it to work with the ZR-4 in the exact same manner, but I don't have one to test.

Adam
asw24b

Post by asw24b »

RogueProeliator wrote:I have written the plugin against the Niles Audio ZR-6 Multizone System with both a master and a slave receiver installed; I believe that the command protocol should allow it to work with the ZR-4 in the exact same manner, but I don't have one to test.

Adam

Cool !

I have an ICS, and the command set is very similar....
RogueProeliator

I am not familiar with that one... but I assume that this is it: http://www.intellicontrol.com/ICS/index.php? If so, I think that the plugin should work fairly out-of-the-box. I can make some additional commands available that are ICS specific as it looks like it supports a few more than the ZR-6.

Let me get the plugin out the door and then we can add those additional commands if you are interested. I am very close to having this finished but need to tweak a couple of out-lying cases, such as when the Niles Audio device loses power; the plugin throws errors with the bootup status information sent. But the actual control itself has been pretty solid thus far, so hopefully won't be long...

Adam
asw24b

Post by asw24b »

RogueProeliator wrote:I am not familiar with that one... but I assume that this is it: http://www.intellicontrol.com/ICS/index.php? If so, I think that the plugin should work fairly out-of-the-box. I can make some additional commands available that are ICS specific as it looks like it supports a few more than the ZR-6.

Let me get the plugin out the door and then we can add those additional commands if you are interested. I am very close to having this finished but need to tweak a couple of out-lying cases, such as when the Niles Audio device loses power; the plugin throws errors with the bootup status information sent. But the actual control itself has been pretty solid thus far, so hopefully won't be long...

Adam

Any chance I could try a version of whatever you have ?

Thanks !

Mike
RogueProeliator

Any chance I could try a version of whatever you have ?
Yup, this is still coming but have been working to get a consistent framework for other plugins before getting this polished up; it has some limitations right now not being on that framework, but welcome to try if you want. Sending you a PM with information.

Adam

Return to “Niles Audio Zone Receiver”