Roku 1.5.18 Won't Load

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:03 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Roku 1.5.18 Won't Load

Just upgraded to v 1.5.18 and it doesn't seem to want to load.

Code: Select all
Dec 19, 2015 7:59 pm
  Reloading plugin "Roku Network Remote Plugin 1.5.18"
  Starting plugin "Roku Network Remote Plugin 1.5.18" (pid 67197)
  Roku Network Remote Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 44, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkRESTfulDevice.py", line 64, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/packages/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/packages/urllib3/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
<type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>: invalid syntax (connectionpool.py, line 342)

I'm still running Indigo 6.0.20 if that matters.
Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:02 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Roku 1.5.18 Won't Load

Just upgraded to v 1.5.18 and it doesn't seem to want to load.

So, based on that error, it seems as if I need to update the minimum Indigo requirement to v6.1... the plugin itself isn't using any v6.1+ specific commands, but apparently the supporting libraries that I am using require the later Python version provided by it. Sorry, I didn't realize that was the case or I would have updated it to not to allow installation in the first place. I would suggest you roll back to the previous version OR update to v6.1. Any particular reason you haven't updated to v6.1. I know many other plugins have de facto dropped support for releases previous to v6.1 due to other support libraries.

Adam

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:53 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Dropping back to the previous version got it working again.

Still running Indigo on an old mini with 10.5.8. Upgrades are always a disaster for me,
especially in this case where I use a lot of Applescripts, an Apple USB modem etc. that, from what
I've been hearing, will all break at 10.7 and above.

I know it's necessary but the thought of rebuilding virtually my entire system and likely ending up
with less function isn't too appealing.

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:00 am
RogueProeliator offline

Dropping back to the previous version got it working again.

There aren't too many new features that have been added recently for normal operation on the Roku plugin as the API available has not changed. A few little tweaks and helpers for debugging and ever so slight performance increases. Nothing to worry about missing in order to stay where you are version-wise.

I don't have a copy of one that I know for sure works at your level; would you mind zipping-up and emailing me your copy? I'll post it up as a separate download and increase the minimum version on the current one so that others don't get into the same situation (and there will be a working version available if someone pre-v6.1 needs to rebuild or re-download). You can email it to adam.d.ashe at gmail.com if you don't mind.

Thanks Carl, and sorry for that trouble!

Adam

Posted on
Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:58 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Absolutely no trouble at all. I'm a huge fan of your work and very much appreciate it!

I'll pm that ASAP.

Carl

Page 1 of 1