Initial Version Feedback Requested

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:04 am
RogueProeliator offline

Initial Version Feedback Requested

Please feel free to leave any comments, positive or negative, regarding this initial release! This plugin has only been used to control a couple of different Roku devices and only on a couple of Indigo systems, but so far it has been reliable and stable.

A special thanks to SonosGuy for helping get the initial release of this plugin out the door!

Adam

Posted on
Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:46 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Re: Initial Version Feedback Requested

Set it up and it seems to working perfectly. Really nice to have direct access to so many
channels!

Love it, and many thanks for a great plugin!

Carl

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:55 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Been getting some odd behavior and log errors with the plugin lately.

Code: Select all
Action Group                    Roku Home
  Roku Network Remote Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/rokuNetworkRemoteDevice.py", line 205, in concurrentCommandProcessingThread
    self.plugin.pollForAvailableUpdate()
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFrameworkPlugin.py", line 93, in pollForAvailableUpdate
    self.checkForAvailableUpdate()
AttributeError: 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'checkForAvailableUpdate'

When it fails it seems the last command it was sent is repeated when new commands are sent.
A restart of the plugin fixes the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:31 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I'll take a look - sorry about that! I suspect it is a typo from when I integrated the version checking system.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:05 pm
ckeyes888 offline

I just installed the 1.1 plugin and it seems a bit faster.
So far it's working perfectly.

Thanks a bunch!

Carl

Posted on
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:40 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I just got my first Roku, so I thought I'd give this plugin a spin. Works great – thanks again for sharing it!

Posted on
Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:45 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I just got my first Roku, so I thought I'd give this plugin a spin. Works great – thanks again for sharing it!

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Roku -- few seem to be! Glad all is working great for you!
Adam

Posted on
Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:44 am
TOPS offline

Roku Network Remote

HI,

I Have downloaded and installed the plugin, but can't seem to get it to configure, I have version 1.5.17 installed and I only have the options to disable or reload the the plugin (and about) in the plugin list, I have nothing in the boxes when I try to create a device I do not have the option to do so, my Roku is running on my network, when I look at the log I am getting the below also the plugin seems to keep relaunching itself and then giving the error. Its as if something has not installed ok.

Any help please,

Thanks,

Dave

Roku Network Remote Plugin ErrorError in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 44, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/__init__.py", line 17, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/RPFrameworkRESTfulDevice.py", line 65, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/__init__.py", line 58, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/utils.py", line 26, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/compat.py", line 7, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/packages/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/packages/urllib3/__init__.py", line 10, in <module>
<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No module named connectionpool

Posted on
Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:24 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Dave - it looks like the supporting library that I use, Requests, is not happy with your system. What version of OS X and Indigo are you running?

Adam

Posted on
Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:13 am
TOPS offline

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting back to me,I'm running as below

OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite and Indigo 6.1.4 (Client & Server)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:48 am
TOPS offline

Hi Adam,

Any thoughts on my RoKu problem?

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:08 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Hey Dave, sorry for the delayed response - work has been crazy lately (and in a stressful, not good way!) Can you please go to this location in Finder and verify that this file exists:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Roku Network Remote.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/RPFramework/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py

The error indicates it can't find/load that file. The only things that I can think of are if the file is missing for some unknown reason or if there are permissions issues.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:05 am
TOPS offline

Hi Adam,

Have taken a look in the folders, In the urllib3 folder I have a "connection.py" and a "connection.pyc" file but no "connectionpool.py" file, Is that the problem?? hope it can be sorted?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted on
Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:43 am
RogueProeliator offline

Have taken a look in the folders, In the urllib3 folder I have a "connection.py" and a "connection.pyc" file but no "connectionpool.py" file, Is that the problem?? hope it can be sorted?

Yeah, that file should be there (along with connection.py) so that is likely the problem. I just double-checked and the published version does have that file there, so I would suggest removing the plugin completely and re-downloading/re-installing.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:45 am
RogueProeliator offline

If you are brave, you could try downloading / extracting the plugin and just manually copying the files into that directory (I'd replace the entire "Server Plugin" directory to be safe). This might not be as easy/clean as a removal and re-install, but has the advantage of not having to delete devices if you have them already configured with triggers/control pages, etc.