Alex Control of Commercial Skip

Posted on
Mon May 01, 2017 7:45 am
NewfD90 offline

Alex Control of Commercial Skip

We have a TiVo Mini in the kitchen that my Wife uses to watch all her recorded cooking shows. 9 times out of 10, her hands are busy and/or gooey so she can't reach for the remote to hit the commercial skip button. We also have an Alexa in the kitchen, so I set up a virtual device that Alexa can control to skip commercials. Other than the awkward phrase ("Alexa turn on skip"), it works great. I took the liberty of modifying your plug-in's Actions.xml file to add the four ACTION buttons on the remote. It's attached. I know I could have used the CH+/- buttons for this, but thought I'd add those missing buttons anyways.

Thanks for the great plugin!

PS: I also use your excellent Sharp and Pioneer plugins to have Alex turn on and set up the home theatre. I have found that I have to disable the plugins at the end of the Action Group or my iPhone remote (SimpleControl) can't connect to the Pioneer. Clearly a Pioneer limitation.
Attachments
Actions.xml
(6.45 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

Posted on
Mon May 22, 2017 4:24 pm
johnfdl offline

Re: Alex Control of Commercial Skip

Any guidance on how to get the buttons into the plugin? I see the actions.xml file, but unsure what to do with it.

Posted on
Mon May 22, 2017 4:39 pm
NewfD90 offline

In Finder, navigate to /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/PlugIns

The right click on TiVo Network Remote.indigoPlugin and Select "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to Contents/Server Plugin and you'll see the Actions.xml file.

Put the new one there and then restart the plug in.

Posted on
Mon May 22, 2017 6:40 pm
johnfdl offline

Thanks....worked like a charm!

Posted on
Mon May 22, 2017 9:16 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Hey guys... somehow I missed this thread, I apologize! I will incorporate that in the base plugin for the next release. Thanks for the contribution!

Page 1 of 1