TiVo Network Remote - Control Page Images

Posted on
Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:34 pm
RogueProeliator offline

TiVo Network Remote - Control Page Images

TiVo Network Remote Control Page Images
The Introduction & Installation Thread contains sample control page element that might be used to create a TiVo remote representation on an Indigo control page. The graphics necessary to duplicate that representation are found in the sample control images download. This post will show you how to layout those elements to properly duplicate the look.

The Overall Elements
The images are broken up into 4 distinct sections of control - TiVo Bar, Directional Bar, Play Control Bar and Number Pad. Each of these "bars" contain a set of graphics that must be placed together; there is no reason that you have to stack the bars, but if you do so it will look similar to the left control below:

You will need to copy all of the images that you wish to use into the IndigoWebServer/images/controls/static directory. Unless otherwise noted, it is expected that the buttons will execute a "Send network-based IR command to TiVo" or "Send network-based teleport command" as its server action.

TiVo Bar
This bar is designed to be the top-level TiVo control, to handle the main TiVo button, Channel Up, Channel Down and have space for any additional controls. Suggestions include TV volume up/down (images 4 & 7 below) and mute (3). To create this bar, layout the images prefixed with TiVo-Control-Bar on your control page as per the diagram below:

Directional Bar
The Directional Bar is designed to give you navigation control over TiVo primarily when not watching a show/video. It contains the buttons designed to use the TELEPORT command to navigate straight to a particular screen as well as the standard directional pad and select buttons. To create this bar, layout the images prefixed with TiVo-Directional-Bar on your control page as per the diagram below:

Play Control Bar
The Play Control Bar is designed to give you control over the actual playing of content on the TiVo. All standard play controls are available (play/pause/stop/etc.) To create this bar, layout the images prefixed with TiVo-Play-Control-Bar on your control page as per the diagram below:

Number Pad
The Number Pad is designed to be used to enter, and navigate directly to, channels on the TiVo device. The setup for this functionality takes a bit more than the other images as it is a combination of actions:

1. Create a label (text) display of a device state for the channelSelector device state and add it above the number pad
  2. Configure each of the number images (0-9) to run a server action of Add a Digit to Channel Selector, adding the appropriate digit
  3. Configure the Clear Channel button to execute a server action of Clear the Channel Selector
  4. Configure the Go button to execute a server action of Tune to the Channel Selector's Channel

The number pad graphics layout should be from those images prefixed with TiVo-Number-Pad and be arranged in the following format:

Conclusion
Well, that is just one man's vision... let me know if you have any questions and feel free to post your own creations that might inspire others!

Posted on
Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:04 pm
afulki offline

Re: TiVo Network Remote - Control Page Images

I have a question, for the stop button what action would normally be associated? I don't see stop on the list of IR commands I can send, likewise for the list command.

Thanks, great plugin!

Posted on
Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:30 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I have a question, for the stop button what action would normally be associated? I don't see stop on the list of IR commands I can send, likewise for the list command.

That was on there primarily because the same layout was used for other (non-TiVo) controls as well. TiVo itself has no true Stop button, only pause. I chose to send the Left key in that place because that essentially works as a stop if you are in normal playback (as it will go back to the menu system).

Adam

Posted on
Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:53 am
afulki offline

Posted on
Tue May 05, 2020 7:48 pm
mikkyo offline

Looks like the image links are all dead.
Did they move elsewhere?

Posted on
Wed May 06, 2020 9:18 am
RogueProeliator offline

Man, those are old... yeah, I think that host where the images were is gone; I'll see if I have them available still in order to post to another provider.

Adam

Page 1 of 1