Support for Z-Wave Plus Outdoor LED Motion Lights

Posted on
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:30 pm
GRWilde offline

Support for Z-Wave Plus Outdoor LED Motion Lights

Does Indigo support the 007 Systems Outdoor Z-Wave Plus 3 Head LED Motion Sensor Security Flood Light? This and the 2 Head model look like a great solution to my outdoor security light needs.
https://www.007systems.com/z-wave-outdoor-motion-flood-lights-compare.html

George Wilde

Posted on
Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:36 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Support for Z-Wave Plus Outdoor LED Motion Lights

Unclear (AFAIK nobody has tried one yet). It's likely that Indigo will be able to turn on/off the device but it's less clear if Indigo will recognize the motion events. Best option is to just try one, and if some part doesn't work then we can add it to the list of device support to add.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:18 pm
Different Computers offline

As someone who still has a combination security camera/floodlight sitting in the box 6 months after delivery, I thought I’d mention that it’s *extremely* likely that this device requires a neutral wire, and it’s (at least at my house) very unlikely that floodlights have those neutrals.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:49 pm
GRWilde offline

My floodlight socket does have a neutral wire, but the associated wall switch did not - so I also wired a neutral to the wall switch to currently use an Insteon switch. But my floodlights are halogen, and I much prefer an LED solution.

George Wilde

Posted on
Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:19 pm
Different Computers offline

More power to you if you can run your own neutral confidently!

Want to come crawl around in my attic?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1