Sync issues with Dome Door & Window Sensor

Posted on
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:25 pm
Eagleye offline

Sync issues with Dome Door & Window Sensor

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 1.19.21 pm.png
Device Settings
Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 1.19.21 pm.png (385.79 KiB) Viewed 726 times
My home has quite a large z-wave device network of 150+ devices. I'm having difficulties in syncing a new included device. the steps I have followed are:
> Successfully excluded the new device via the Z-stick;
> Successfully included the device via Indigo interface "Start Controller Inclusion Mode"
> Successfully synced the device to the Network after a large number of unsuccessful attempts, kept getting "Timeout waiting for "Device name". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable".
> Now the device is not updating when sign state changes.

When I look at the device settings, it tells me that there are no known Neighbors (Refer attached screenshot).
I have tried to optimize the device using the Indigo interface tool "Optimize Z-Wave Network" feature, but it keeps giving me the same result.

Does anyone know what may be causing this issue and how I can fix it?

Posted on
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:27 pm
Eagleye offline

Re: Sync issues with Dome Door & Window Sensor

The Dome sensor I'm working with is model # DMWD1, which appears to be supported by Indigo.

Posted on
Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:34 pm
GlennNZ offline

Hi

It seems from screenshot that the device in question (possibly a sub-model or change) isn’t supported by Indigo - in that is lacking a device definition.

That will be why not getting any information from it following syncing.

Submit a Device report - using the button in screenshot or via forum request, and hopefully support can be added at next Indigo release.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:46 am
howartp offline

Given your comment about taking a few times to sync, I’d be excluding it and starting again - the fact it has no neighbours means that part of the include process didn’t work.

I presume it’s installed in a door/window, but is it possible to take it nearer to the Indigo stick to complete initial sync and rule out any issues, then take it back to proper location and resync just to fix routing?

(How far is it from Indigo - I guess with 150 devices distance won’t be a problem, but there’s still a max of 6 devices end-to-end for communication)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:42 pm
Eagleye offline

Thanks guys,

Even though I have made multiple attempts to conclude the device with the same results. I will retry using just the z-stick and submit a device report.

Page 1 of 1