Zooz ZEN77 Z-Wave Dimmer Configuration

Posted on
Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:43 pm
boisy offline

Zooz ZEN77 Z-Wave Dimmer Configuration

I found an issue with the "Configure Dimmer Module" for the Zooz ZEN77 dimmer, notably that the ramp rate ONLY affects the brightness rate when turning on the device. It does not affect the dimness rate when turning off the device.

In addition to the "Dim ramp rate" field, there should be a "Brightness ramp rate" field. Parameter 9 controls the dimness, and parameter 27 controls the brightness as per the documentation here: https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/arti ... -settings/
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 6.39.59 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 6.39.59 PM.png (176.81 KiB) Viewed 509 times

Posted on
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:41 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Zooz ZEN77 Z-Wave Dimmer Configuration

From the doc:

Code: Select all
 NOTE:  On all other previous firmware versions including 1.0, 10.0, and 10.10, this setting was used for all ramp rate control (to adjust behavior for on/off physical and Z-Wave ramp rate). The default value for this parameter used to be 1.

I really hate when vendors make fundamental changes to devices but don't update the model IDs. The code gets very messy when you have to look at model ID, firmware version, classes, and parameters that effect classes, etc. It just leads to very complex code.

We'll add this to the list. In the meantime, you'll need to adjust the device parameters yourself using the Modify Config Param menu/action.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:47 pm
boisy offline

Re: Zooz ZEN77 Z-Wave Dimmer Configuration

Thanks Jay. I was able to make the change with the parameter as you noted.

Page 1 of 1