Updating neighbour list

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:02 am
pnm offline

Updating neighbour list

If I add a new device, I still get entries in the log along the lines of:

Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 1,9,15,18,19,21 etc.

Devices 1 and 9 haven't existed for years, and don't appear in Indego, how do I get rid of them from the neighbours list?

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:04 pm
dduff617 offline

Re: Updating neighbour list

not sure but i think node 1 may be "special" in z-wave. doesn't necessarily correspond to an indigo device - i think 1 is used for the controller device. not sure if this is part of z-wave spec or perhaps it is just how things typically work out when you configure a z-wave network.

not sure what to say about #9 - but i think in general a z-wave device that has been included with your controller can probably continue to participate in the z-wave mesh, even if Indigo does not have a corresponding device. on the other hand, if you know the device that was previously node 9 is and you are sure it is not plugged in, disposed of, thrown away, or whatever, then it seems best if you just remove it from the controller altogether. i think you can do that with "Interfaces>Z-Wave>Remove Failed Modules from Controller" command.

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:17 pm
pnm offline

There are about 8 devices that exist in the z-wave stick that don't exist in reality anymore, but they don't appear to be classed as failed if I try and remove the failed ones. As you say, 1 may be special.

I don't know if I have to try and sync the unallocated ones first then try and remove them, but the sync will fail as they don't correspond to a physical device.

Posted on
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:43 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The Z-Wave interface has a very short memory when it comes to failed modules. To remove those, create a new Indigo device with one of those node ids and try to sync. It will fail. Change the node id to the next one and sync (another failure). Once you've had a failure for all those nodes the remove command should remove them all.

Node 1 is the Z-Wave interface itself so don't worry about that.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1