Zooz ZEN34 won't sync

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:38 am
Different Computers offline

Zooz ZEN34 won't sync

Just picked up a ZEN34 battery operated wall switch. This is listed as Indigo compatible.

It includes just fine, but it appears to instantly sleep or some such, to the point that it's impossible to sync with Indigo. The included instructions give no advice about how to keep it awake. I've had it right next to the controller, pressing the on button constantly while clicking the "sync" button and nevertheless, when I do, I instantly get
Code: Select all
Syncing - failed to assign return route

I also tried pulling a battery from the device and syncing when I put it back in. nope.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:45 am
dduff617 offline

Re: Zooz ZEN34 won't sync

(note: i don't own this device, but was glancing at the manual because i was thinking of ordering one). the manual (p. 2) indicates clicking the upper paddle seven times will wake up the device, which i think is necessary to enable it to receive unsolicited communication from Indigo. have you tried this? manual states that the LED indicator will stay on while the device is awake (doesn't say for how long), then will go off again when the device times-out and goes back to sleep.

Posted on
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:51 pm
Different Computers offline

Somehow I missed both the "seven times" instruction, and tapping it seven times when just pressing it over and over.

That did it, and it's now synced with Indigo. Thanks!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:16 pm
peszko offline

For me the tapping 7 times doesn't work. It wakes up for about 5 seconds which is not enough to sync. Do I have a defective unit or am I missing something?

Page 1 of 1