Fibaro Smart Implant and Door Intercom

Posted on
Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:16 am
joesan offline

Fibaro Smart Implant and Door Intercom

I have an old door intercom that I want to control via the Smart Implant (SI) and Indigo.

I want to do two things:

1. Send from Indigo on demand an instruction to initiate a 3-second momentary closed on OUT 1.
    (This let's me simulate a momentary push on the door handset unlock button and allows the door to unlock.)
    2. OUT 2 will be normally closed. I want to be able to send from Indigo a command to open it a certain time and close it at a later time.
    (This let's me break the circuit to the buzzer, disconnecting it after midnight so that we don't get woken up by someone mistakenly ringing our bell!)

I'm sure this is possible with the SI but I'm getting confused with all the variables. Can anyone talk me through it?

Posted on
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:26 am
joesan offline

Re: Fibaro Smart Implant and Door Intercom

Well, it turned out not to be that complicated - I now have both these things working!

One thing I am still wondering about is how I can use one of the implant's inputs to alert me when the buzzer rings? I'm thinking that I can automate an action based on when the buzzer rings. When someone buzzes either 12v or 24v is sent to the buzzer. Is there a way of using the voltage that goes to the buzzer to alert the SI that the buzzer is being activated?

Page 1 of 1