Trouble with Fibaro RGBW Controller and Fibaro Binary Sensor

Posted on
Sat May 14, 2022 5:56 am
Turribeach offline

Trouble with Fibaro RGBW Controller and Fibaro Binary Sensor

Hi,

I recently installed 2 Fibaro RGBW Controllers FGRGBW442 and a Fibaro Binary Sensor FGBS321. Initially all 3 were included in Indigo and worked as expected. All 3 devices are running of the same 12v power supply. The 2 Fibaro RGBW Controllers control separate LED strips and the Fibaro Binary Sensor has a DS18B20 temperature sensor connected to it. What I am seeing with these 3 devices and that suddently out of nowhere they drop off and will not respond to Z-Wave commands. I have a script that I run at midnight and checks all my non battery operated devices and if they haven't received an updated status for 24hs it sends an update status request. This is what the 3 devices returned from that request:

Code: Select all
2022-05-14 00:00:00.986   Z-Wave Error   device "Lights Bathroom Cove LED Blue" does not support status request command
2022-05-14 00:00:00.987   Z-Wave Error   device "Lights Bathroom Shower Alcoves Blue" does not support status request command
2022-05-14 00:00:01.662   Z-Wave Error   device "Temperature Bathroom Hot Water Pipe" does not support status request command

I am guessing that Indigo got an error from these devices and marked them as unavailable? Trying to resync them sometimes solves the problem but sometimes I guet errors:

Z-Wave                          connected to Z-Stick S2 interface on /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART (firmware 3.07, SDK unknown)
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 055 - Notification Sensor
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 062 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 066 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 081 - Binary Sensor (routing)

14 May 2022 at 12:40:37 pm
   Z-Wave                          device "081 - Binary Sensor Input 1" parameter 12 "Temperature sensitivity" changed to 0
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - started for "Binary Sensor Input 1"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved module neighbors list: 1, 5, 6, 15, 28, 29, 39, 40, 50, 52, 58, 60, 61, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigning return route to "081 - Binary Sensor Input 1"
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - assigned return route
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved manufacture and model names: Fibaro System - 010F, Universal Sensor (FGBS321) - 05011002
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved protocol version 3.52, app version 2.01
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved class hierarchy: Routing Slave : Binary Sensor : Binary Sensor (routing) (04 : 20 : 01, base 30)
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved command classes: 20v1 30v1 60v2 85v1 8Ev1 72v1 70v1 86v1 7Av1
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved encrypt commands: - none -
   Z-Wave                          Syncing - retrieved capabilities: routing, beaming
   Z-Wave Error                    Error in plugin execution:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/serialinterface.py", line 547, in start_comm_thread
    self.process_comm_thread()
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2022.1/IndigoPluginHost3.app/Contents/Resources/PlugIns/serialinterface.py", line 731, in process_comm_thread
    self.process_queue_in_packet(packet)        # Subclass is required to define.
  File "zwaveinterface.py", line 2882, in process_queue_in_packet
  File "zwaveinterface.py", line 2854, in _processFuncCall
  File "zwaveinterface.py", line 2920, in _processCommandReply
  File "zwaveinterface.py", line 2903, in _processFuncTriggersAndBroadcast
  File "zwaveinterface.py", line 2852, in _processFuncCall
  File "zwavecmd_multiinstanceinfo.py", line 184, in _processMultiEndPointInfo
  File "zwavecmd_multiinstanceinfo.py", line 53, in _requestNextEndPoint
  File "zwavecmd_multiinstanceinfo.py", line 49, in _getNextEndPoint
AttributeError: 'range' object has no attribute 'pop'

Z-Wave Error                    exc type is <class 'AttributeError'>
   Z-Wave Error                    restarting serial connection in 5.0 seconds
   Interface Failure               lost connection with interface
   Z-Wave Error                    Syncing - failed
   Z-Wave Error                    Timeout waiting for "081 - Binary Sensor Input 1". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.
   Trigger                         UPS Updated
   UPS Updated Trigger             14-May-2022 12:40.55 / Battery Level: 100 / AC Power: AC Power / Battery Time Remaining: 0 / Charging: True / Power Source: AC Power
   Z-Wave                          connected to Z-Stick S2 interface on /dev/cu.SLAB_USBtoUART (firmware 3.07, SDK unknown)
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 055 - Notification Sensor
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 062 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          found module included in controller with no matching device (missing or disabled): 066 - Relay Power Switch
   Z-Wave                          received "Temperature Bathroom Hot Water Pipe" sensor update to 22.37 °C
   Trigger                         Temperature Bathroom Hot Water Pipe Changed

To be honest it seems the devices are hanging or something is not right with them. Given that it's afffect all 3 devices at the same time I think this points to the power supply being an issue but if I measure the output on the power supply I can see it's 12v and it's fine. Any ideas what may be happening here?

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat May 14, 2022 5:59 am
Turribeach offline

Re: Trouble with Fibaro RGBW Controller and Fibaro Binary Se

Another thing to note is this. When I added all 3 devices to Indigo they all sync'ed fine. Now when I try to resync them they all sync but throw the error you see above and the UI shows this error:

Timeout waiting for "077 - Lights Bathroom Cove LED Composite". Module might be asleep, or is unreachable.

This is despite the devices aparently doing the resync and being responsive and usable (ie I can turn them on/off fine).

Posted on
Sat May 14, 2022 6:47 am
howartp offline

See viewtopic.php?t=26138

At least part of your issue is the same bug acknowledged there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat May 14, 2022 7:07 am
Turribeach offline

Thanks, that seems to be the same issue. Although I think I have a different problem as well as the devices are dropping out. I will wait for 2022.1.1. In the meantime I have put the Fibaro Binary sensor in a different 12v power supply to test the theory of a power supply issue...

Posted on
Thu May 26, 2022 10:48 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 2022.1.1 is now available and should fix this Z-Wave bug.

Posted on
Thu May 26, 2022 11:31 am
Turribeach offline

Thanks Matt. Do you think this bug is also to do with the devices stopped responding to Indigo or just the error while syncing?

Posted on
Fri May 27, 2022 10:28 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The "does not support status request command" errors might be related to the sync failing because of the bug, but I'm not convinced the modules dropping off the network is related. That sounds more like a firmware bug, signal issue, or the modules or Z-Wave controller getting into a bad state.

Posted on
Sat May 28, 2022 4:53 am
Turribeach offline

OK thanks. I have upgraded to Indigo 2022.1.1 now and I re-synced all the devices without errors. I will know if the devices drop off again since I have a script that runs daily and checks non-battery devices have updated the device date/time, if they haven't the script sends them a status update request and if that fails I will get an email. I will update this thread if I see another drop off issue.

Page 1 of 1