Starting over with Zwave

Posted on
Fri May 13, 2022 12:47 am
Gangotti offline

Starting over with Zwave

So with Insteon no longer in business, I have decided to start converting my house to Zwave. I am starting a z-wave development testbed in my garage to help identify what switches/devices/brands I am going to invest in. From what I have read, Zwave can locally connect to other devices via associations similar to how Insteon used links. Where can I find documentation on how to build the associations in indigo so I can have the same functionality I used to have? My SO's one requirement, when I first designed the Indigo HA system many years ago, was that every light needs a button to turn it on and off without a server. Insteon had Keypadlincs and plug-in dimmers you could link together and work without the indigo server running and I need z-wave to do the same.

Posted on
Fri May 13, 2022 2:28 am
howartp offline

Re: Starting over with Zwave

https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id ... management

That’s the latest version of the page I can find but I doubt it’s changed recently.

I’m not sure how to find the page via browsing links; I had to search for it instead, but I’m on iPhone so I may have missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri May 13, 2022 8:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Each version of the documentation has a section titled Managing your Z-Wave Network - Associations are covered in there (as well as other very useful topics).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri May 13, 2022 2:30 pm
Gangotti offline

Thank you! Hoping this process won't be too daunting!

Posted on
Sat May 14, 2022 2:06 am
howartp offline

Jay, every version of that Zwave page has a single screenshot and a sentence that says Associations are like Insteon, which is why I didn’t link it.

The Association page I linked explains about controlling devices vs responding devices.

Could you merge the content of the two so that the Zwave page has that useful info going forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 1