Fibaro FGBHFS-101 Leak Sensor inclusion works, sync fails

Posted on
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:36 am
pxzel offline

Fibaro FGBHFS-101 Leak Sensor inclusion works, sync fails

Trying to add a new device to my indigo system - Fibaro FGBHFS-101 Leak Sensor (ZWave Plus version)
I have the Aeotec Z-stick Gen5 Z-Wave Plus USB stick hub

The Fibaro FGBHFS-101 Leak Sensor inclusion works, but sync continually fails

I have two other Fibaro leak sensors which are non-zwave plus versions Fibaro FGFS-101 Leak Sensor (ZWave version) and the inclusion and sync worked correctly.
After the FGFS-101 were included, I did get a "failed to assign reroute"... but when I closed the top cover and resynced it worked.
Inclusion was without encryption... which I thought I read somewhere on forum is the way to include these

Whereas, after the Fibaro FGBHFS-101 was included... I try and resync after closing the cover I continually get the error "failed to assign reroute" (pic attached)
Inclusion was without encryption
An issue with encryption?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Mike
Attachments
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (149.85 KiB) Viewed 465 times

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:10 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Fibaro FGBHFS-101 Leak Sensor inclusion works, sync fail

Hi Mike,

You are correct that not using encryption is recommended (especially during troubleshooting), since the encryption protocol adds so much complexity to the communication. The module should work without encryption even though it is a Z-Wave+ module.

Normally these errors mean the module is going to sleep too quickly and syncing process cannot complete since the module is no longer responding to commands. I'd suggest you try to keep the module awake by pressing its inclusion button every few seconds. Also check the manual for the module to see if it has any steps/tips on keeping the module awake. Sometimes modules will remain awake for a couple of minutes after the battery is replaced, so you might try removing the battery and re-inserting it. If none of that helps I'd suggest contacting Fibaro to see if they have any suggestions on how to keep it awake.

Page 1 of 1