Z Wave question

Posted on
Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:34 am
norcoscia offline

Z Wave question

Is there a way to remove a zwave device that is in my Indigo configuration without losing all the stuff that is related to it?

In other words - can it be removed, updated and put back in service without losing links to any existing schedules, triggers and or control pages - is there documentation on how to best do this?

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Z Wave question

Not removed, but this scenario is one of the purposes of the Disable Indigo Communication context menu (right-click on the device in the main window to access it). It prevents Indigo from logging any commands received from the module and from trying to send any commands to the module. I use it for holiday light modules, etc.

Posted on
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:01 pm
norcoscia offline

Thanks Matt - so I would disable comms with indigo - then manually exclude or reset the device to free it. Then do the inclusion on my new z-wave stick, then do the update using the windows firmware update software, then exclude it from the new z-wave stick used for the update. Then, add it to Indigo and treat it as a device that is replacing a failed z-wave device (in this case the device it was originally in Indigo).

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:24 pm
autolog offline

I have just this afternoon upgraded the firmware on my Aeotec Z-Stick 7 (ZWA010) from 7.15 to 7.17.

To do this, I unplugged the Z-Stick from my Indigo iMac. Plugged it into the PC. Then upgraded the firmware using the Silicon Labs PC Controller software. While the Z-Stick was plugged into the PC, I also took the opportunity to upgrade the firmware in my Heltun Quinto Relays (Gen 7) from 1.03 to 1.04 doing an OTA update. When I had finished the updates, I unplugged the Z-Stick from the PC plugged it back into Indigo which recognised the new firmware level (7.17) and then just did a re-sync of the devices that I had upgraded the firmware on with Indigo then showing the firmware as 1.04 on the Heltuns.

I didn't have to do any Exclusion or Inclusion of the Heltuns to achieve this.

Obviously, while doing this process, Z-Wave was inoperable on Indigo as the Z-Stick was detached. I did it in a predicted low Z-Wave activity period.

Not sure this 100% relevant for you, but sharing in case it is. :)

Posted on
Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:23 pm
norcoscia offline

Thank you, every little bit helps me better understand how best to do this. I picked up a different stick but maybe that is not the best way to do this. Maybe tomorrow I will try one device that is already on my network (in indigo) and another that is not and see what (if any) difference it makes and I’ll add that info to this thread.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:18 am
norcoscia offline

Wow - what a pain - installing silicon labs now - not even sure I'm installing the right package stuff - picked sensor section to install - hope this is not a huge waist of my time - if anyone can point to an indigo process (or any process) to install this I would appreciate it.....

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:26 am
autolog offline

It is Simplicity Studio you need. Once installed, go to the tools menu and launch PC Controller. :)

Posted on
Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:37 am
norcoscia offline

When I open tools (in simplify studio) this is what I see???

My HomeSeer licence is starting to look better to me the more I do this :-)
Attachments
SS.jpg
SS.jpg (123.86 KiB) Viewed 2335 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:49 am
autolog offline

Googling silicon labs install pc tools found this: https://community.silabs.com/s/article/ ... uage=en_US

Posted on
Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:15 pm
norcoscia offline

Thanks - too much beer watching the game yesterday and not enough sleep last night - that should keep me going for a while :-)

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:50 pm
norcoscia offline

Sigh, directions don't match what comes up on the screen but I think I installed the z wave stuff - but then the tools don't show up. Guess I better stop for today before I get any more frustrated with the lack of support documentation for z wave updates.

Thank you to everyone that tried to help me...

_______
Norm

Posted on
Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:54 pm
norcoscia offline

Realized I could use the HomeSeer standalone zwave firmware updater since I have a license - downloaded it and it recognized my new stick - now trying to get firmware files from zooz. Why is this such a hassle? :|

Yet we have a helicopter flying on mars somehow….

_______
Norm

Page 1 of 1