HomeSeer HS-FS100+ multi sensor

Posted on
Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:45 pm
Different Computers offline

HomeSeer HS-FS100+ multi sensor

Seems like this is not understood by Indigo correctly. the temp sensor part reads "0.000000" or "change pending". The Light sensor reads "Off" but can be controlled to say on (!) and the leak sensor can too.

Is the following all I need to report?

Code: Select all
Model: Perimeter Water Sensor (HS-FS100+)
Model ID: 02020001
Manufacturer: HomeSeer
Manufacturer ID: 000C
Protocol Version: 4.61
Application Version: 5.18
Model Definition Version: 1
Library Type: 3
Class Name: Notification Sensor
Class Hierarchy: 04 : 07 : 01
Command Class Base: 00
Command Versions: 80v1 84v2 85v1 86v1 55v1 59v1 5Av1 5Ev1 9Fv1 20v1 30v1 31v11 6Cv1 70v1 71v1 72v1 73v1 7Av1
Encryption Status: Not Supported
Multi-Endpoint Types: - none -
Multi-Endpoint Classes: - none -
Multi-Instance Counts: - none -
Features: routing, battery, beaming, waking
Neighbors: 51
Associations: 1:[1] 2:[]
Config Values: 1:2 2:0 3:60 4:1

Edit: After an hour or so, it now reports temperature. The light sensor is still shown as some sort of switch, though.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: HomeSeer HS-FS100+ multi sensor

Glad to hear the temperature sensor finally reported back to Indigo.

The Turn On/Off buttons are intentional so that you can reset the light/leak sensor (to OFF) if it ever gets stuck ON. The UI for that is a bit misleading, as you've noticed.

Posted on
Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:54 pm

So should the light sensor be reporting a value? Mine still just says "off" and I think it did all day while it was looking at the sky.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you try changing the Light Sensitivity configuration setting? If you still aren't able to get it to toggle between OFF and ON, then turn on Indigo's debug Z-Wave logging and try to force it to send a command (cover it with a towel or put in a box, then expose to a light a few times) to see what commands it is sending.

Posted on
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:52 am

I don't see any options for Light Sensitivity in the device. In either of them, actually. (I have two.)

Could this be related to how the sensor can be *either* a leak sensor *or* a luminance sensor, depending on what you plug in to it? Perhaps these are stuck thinking that the sensor is a leak sensor.

Posted on
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:03 am

This just came up spontaneously on one of them:
 Z-Wave                          received "053 - Greenhouse Temp" status update battery level 70%
   Z-Wave Error                    failed to find device parm description for module 53, index 1

Related to the issue?

Posted on
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:46 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Can you re-sync it, then open the device settings (where configuration parameters show), then take a screenshot of what you see for me? It should always show a Light Sensitivity popup with: Low, Medium, High options.

Posted on
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:05 am

Here's another oddity that just popped up.
Mar 4, 2022 at 11:03:27 AM
   Z-Wave                          received "Greenhouse Temp" sensor update to 120 °C
   Z-Wave                          received "Greenhouse Temp" sensor update to 12.0 °C

These came at exactly the same time.

Haven't re-synced yet because it's in an awkward location, but I'll see about it today.

Edit: I just looked at the device, and it seems like those low/medium/high settings ARE there... but maybe only when the device is awake? I looked, saw them, then came back to the device in indigo and they are not there. Or else I'm under caffeinated.

Posted on
Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:53 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

They should always be there, but note most of the settings are probably under the first device tab/panel in the group. That is, you might have clicked on the settings for a secondary device in the group and the settings wouldn't have been there.

Not sure about the 120 vs 12.0 error. That is either a corrupt message or a firmware bug in the module – Indigo just reports what is receives.

Posted on
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:05 am

No idea if this is diagnostic, but when I go to Modify Configuration Parameter in Z-wave Interfaces, the sensor in question does not appear. But it continues to report.

Posted on
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:31 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Similarly to what happens with the UI I mentioned above, you also have to use the Modify Configuration Parameter action/UI only on the first/main device in the group created by the module. That is, you should see the main device in that group in the popup and that should work, even though the secondary devices are not listed.

Posted on
Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:37 am

After a re-sync, things seem to be working approximately correctly. This sensor doesn't seem to report lux or % for luminance--just "on" and "off." This is also the case with the other one of these I have so I suppose that's the intention.

Posted on
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:45 pm
anyone offline

Different Computers wrote:
After a re-sync, things seem to be working approximately correctly. This sensor doesn't seem to report lux or % for luminance--just "on" and "off." This is also the case with the other one of these I have so I suppose that's the intention.

I recently purchased two of these which included a light sensor on the end of a 4-foot cable. The light sensor is able to detect when indicator lights turn on or turn off on the display panel of an external device like a dehumidifier, water softener, washer, dryer, etc.

So On/Off was definitely the intention.

Matt: I don't see a way to change the temperature to Fahrenheit

Posted on
Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:45 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

anyone wrote:
0Matt: I don't see a way to change the temperature to Fahrenheit

When I added support for it I don't believe it had a parameter setting to choose between °C / °F. Does the PDF for your module say it supports both? It is possible newer versions support it.

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:35 am
anyone offline

matt (support) wrote:
anyone wrote:
Matt: I don't see a way to change the temperature to Fahrenheit

When I added support for it I don't believe it had a parameter setting to choose between °C / °F. Does the PDF for your module say it supports both? It is possible newer versions support it.

After rechecking, it still doesn't, nor do I see the ability to calibrate the temperature sensor.

A question about that, in the situation of a device reporting only °C or °F, an option is not typically added to alter the display in the Indigo User Interface?

BTW: while rechecking the capabilities of this device, I believe I discovered in HS-FS100-en-v9 https://products.z-wavealliance.org/ProductManual/File?folder=&filename=MarketCertificationFiles/3050/HS-FS100-Manual%20081418.pdf a 5th parameter, a flashing LED detection delay.

It defaults to 0 (no delay) and is used to avoid continuous notifications when detecting flashing LED's by allowing the sensor to send a notification once the flashing LED status changes. I haven't played with it yet because currently I do not need it.

In an earlier versions of this document, it wasn't mentioned.